NxtGen launched SpeedCloud High-Performance Computing as a Service (HPCaaS) for global markets. Fueled by best-in-class technology from global leaders like HPE and Intel, SpeedCloud HPCaaS is NxtGen’s endeavor to simplify, strengthen and accelerate mainstream adoption of high-performance computing by enterprises, research institutes, and government entities.
Modern application workloads involved in advanced scientific, engineering, and technology domains are complex and demand next-level performance, power, and accuracy for problem-solving on large datasets at very high speed and scale. The ability to process data at scale and perform complex task calculations at high speed is what HPC is all about. The most common users of HPC systems are scientific researchers, engineers, governments, and academic institutions, as well as businesses performing data-centric computing projects in AI and other areas. NxtGen’s SpeedCloud HPCaaS, built with know-how and collaboration from HPE-Cray and Intel is already being used by some of the premier technology institutions across India.
SpeedCloud HPC Cluster is powered by HPC-Cray and 2nd Gen Intel Xeon Platinum 9200 family of processors, featuring Intel Deep Learning Boost for unmatched 2-socket performance leadership across popular workloads. Built to support both liquid-cooled and air-cooled options, the HPE Apollo 20 System takes advantage of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise experience in HPC cooling technologies as workloads continue to push power and density. The cluster houses high-speed InfiniBand EDR interconnects and for efficiently handling large datasets for your simulations, data analytics, and innovative AI/ML emerging technology workloads.
Commenting on the launch, A S Rajgopal, CEO & MD, NxtGen said “Not long ago, high performance computing use cases came solely from the rarefied realm of research, government and the largest corporations. SpeedCloud HPCaaS makes it possible for mainstream enterprises to leverage these technologies for manufacturing excellence, healthcare, financial services, etc. We were encouraged by our customers’ eagerness to accelerate experimentation and innovation.”
How NxtGen’s SpeedCloud HPC-aaS stands out from its global competitors
· Speed – SpeedCloud HPC-aaS leverages modern and advanced CPUs, GPUs, and low-latency Networks, helping its users perform massive calculations, now in a matter of minutes. Speed provided by the NxtGen HPC cluster depends on the configuration provided to it. Users will witness faster results and processing of data, if more clusters and cores are enabled to the job
· Pay Per Use – NxtGen SpeedCloud HPC-aaS provides lower TCO since the resources are offered on-demand, fully managed, and maintained by NxtGen. Customers subscribe to the service and consume resources customized to their needs without any upfront investment
· Price Performance – Faster calculations mean less wasted time and money. Additionally, with cloud-based SpeedCloud HPC-aaS, even small businesses and start-ups can afford to run HPC workloads, paying only for what they use and scaling up and down as needed. As HPC utilizes fewer clusters, it has the benefit of being cost efficient over supercomputing
· Fault Tolerance – If one part of the system fails, the entire HPC system does not fail. Given that HPC workloads are compute heavy, NxtGen HPC cluster’s fault tolerance ensures that the computations continue uninterrupted
· Fostering Innovation – SpeedCloud HPC-aaS is equipped to drive innovation across nearly every industry and can be the force behind scientific discoveries that improve the quality of life for people around the world
NxtGen SpeedCloud HPC-aaS has been rolled out for a select few customers for comprehensive testing and inputs. To begin with, NxtGen has opened its HPC services at 100,000 CPU hours’ worth of free credits to academia. Further, NxtGen SpeedCloud HPCaaS Cluster will be made available to all technology education institutions for free on a time-share basis so that students can learn to use supercomputing models for research.