Bangalore, India, February 05, 2015: India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA), the premier body for the Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) industry in the country, today announced the winners for the Technovation 2014 Awards at a glittering award function held at the 10th edition of Vision Summit in Bangalore. Technovation Awards, celebrating excellence in ESDM aims to recognize role models for innovation and excellence in the electronics and semiconductor ecosystem. The Awards honor India’s best individual contributors and organizations that drive the industry forward; and provide them with a platform to showcase their achievements and product successes. Sh. S. R. Patil, Minister for Planning and Statistics, IT, BT, Science & Technology, Govt. of Karnataka will preside over the awards distribution function.
With ESDM being one of the focus sectors in the Technology Centre Systems Program (TCSP) of MSME, they decided to partner with IESA for Technovation Awards 2014. The overall objective of this partnership is to impart greater vitality and growth impetus to MSMEs and also celebrate Excellence in ESDM by bringing visibility and public recognition for the winners who are doing trail-blazing work and making noteworthy contributions as part of the Electronics and Semiconductor industry.
Congratulating the winners at the ceremony Mr. Ashok Chandak, Chairman, IESA and Sr. Director NXP Semiconductors said, “We are elated to honor the finest minds and companies in India’s ESDM sector. As we move into a new orbit of electronics design and manufacturing in India, there needs to be constant efforts to build fresh and appreciate the existing talent and Innovations. Technovation Award is designed to identify, nurture and motivate the brightest ESDM talent both in the industry level as well as academia. We wish the winners all the success for their future endeavors and urge them to contribute to Make in India initiative in transforming our country towards an ESDM powerhouse”
“It was great to receive so many entries showcasing the innovations and contributions of the ESDM industry eco system. We are proud to help recognize the contributions from academicians who have propelled R&D and honoring individuals who have created a significant impact in the ESDM industry in India and globally,” said Mr. Krishnamoorthy, Convener, Technovation awards, IESA & Managing Director, Rambus Chip Technologies (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Winners of the Technovation 2014 Awards:
IESA Technovation Sarabhai Award (For outstanding contributions by an individual to Indian semiconductor and electronics industry): Dr. K Radhakrishnan, Former Chairman, ISRO
Most Promising Startup: (Total 2)
- BuildTrack: BuildTrack™ is a company offering unique’ Internet of Things’ (IoT) products and solutions.
- SenseGiz Technologies: A startup focusing on wearable tech & IoT space that add value to the people’s lives every single day.
Most Innovative Product (Total 4)
- Cardiac Design Labs: Lead by multi-disciplinary team of doctors and engineers developing new age affordable medical products with Intelligent Cardiac Clinical Analytics Engine built in.
- Ezetap: Based in Bangalore, the company developed an innovative mobile payment product which turns any mobile device into an intelligent point of service and supports any bank, merchant or transaction.
- iRAM: Another young company in the space of IoT focused on making solutions for smart homes and smart street lighting.
- NGE Agromate: A company focused on Agri-innovations. Makers of Agromate Telemetric device that controls a motor pump using any mobile phone virtually from anywhere.
Best Electronics Manufacturing Company (Total 2)
- Sonodyne: A company in the space of Audio Technology, it has introduced a range of digital active speakers to meet the needs of the computer audiophile, studio engineer, and IT/ AV integrator.
- Rangsons Electronics: Based in Mysore, Rangsons is a leader in High-Mix, High-Tech Electronic Manufacturing Services in Medical, Defense & Aerospace, Telecom, Automotive, Railways and Industrial segments.
TechnoVisionary – Life Time Achievement Award
- Prof. Dr. Rajat Moona from Director General, C-DAC and Professor, IIT Kanpur
- Prof. Nagendra Krishnapura
Techno Inventor award went to Dr. Radha Susinder Rajan, Dr. Rekha Verma and Rakshitdatta K S
Two independent juries, one each for the Industry and the Academic awards, arrived at the decisions.
“I am elated with the recognition and like to convey my gratitude to IESA for honoring me with this award and am proud to have been part of ISRO which is an example of India’s prowess and indigenization in technological advancement, designing skills and manufacturing. We need to transform the success of Mangalyaan as the inflection point for ‘Make in India’. It’s time for us to unite and create an ecosystem to drive innovations from India. We should focus on transforming India into an innovation test bed with design led manufacturing. Let this decade create manufacturing history for India,” said Dr. K Radhakrishnan, Former Chairman, ISRO.
“We at Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) are excited to partner with IESA, the premier body for the Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) industry in the country for their prestigious Technovation Awards. India’s ESDM sector is undergoing an orbit shifting phase and
there has been abundance of development in the recent past. MSME is committed to nurture the rich potential in this sector and we believe it is our responsibility to identify and promote the entire ecosystem in co-ordination and co-operation with Department of Electronics in our country, to attain our shared vision. There are countless start-ups, SMEs and large corporations in our country designing innovative electronics solutions which are relevant for developed markets. To that end, we have set up a joint working group for ESDM sector which included the leading industry practitioners, academia and the government. This group has already identified 13 verticals which, in India the potential exists to grow. Subsequently my office in the ministry of MSME engaged with Gartner to do the exact identification of technologies as well as future trends in the ESDM space. This information is available with IESA. I would request you to please see it so that we can take it further,” said Sri Amarendra Sinha, IAS, Special Secretary & Development Commissioner, MSME, Govt. of India.
“We congratulate IESA for their constant effort in promoting the ESDM eco-system in our country through many such initiatives which will help imparting greater vitality and growth impetus to MSMEs,” he added.