New Delhi, India, September 26, 2014: GA-X99-UD5 WIFI is one of the popular offerings under GIGABYTE Technology’s latest X99 motherboard line-up, which is based on the Intel X99 chipset. The series comes with support for Intel’s new Core i7 Extreme Edition (LGA 2011-v3 socket) processors and latest DDR4 memory.
The GIGABYTE X99 motherboards boast a unique PCI Express design that utilizes 100% of all 40 lanes from the CPU when in a 4-Way or 3-Way graphics configuration. This is possible because of the onboard external clock generator combined with the direct connection of one of the x16 lanes to the CPU. It should be noted here that standard designs limit all 4 main PCIe lanes to ONLY x8 (64Gb/s) bandwidth.
In simpler terms, with the aforementioned features, GIGABYTE X99 motherboards can unlock the best possible bandwidth to the user, whether it is for extreme gaming or graphic-intensive activities.
GA-X99-UD5 WIFI features with a wide range of features to make overclocking easy. These include Single BIOS Mode Switch / DualBIOS Mode Switch, Onboard Power Button that puts users in the driver’s seat when experimenting with different hardware configurations, and an Onboard Restart Button that allows for fast system reboots when troubleshooting.
Another key feature of this motherboard is the GIGABYTE Q-Flash Plus that allows users to update to the latest BIOS using a thumb drive without the CPU or memory needing to be installed. By simply downloading the latest BIOS and renaming it on a USB thumb drive, and plugging it into the dedicated port, you can now flash the BIOS automatically without the need to press any buttons or even the need of onboard memory or CPU.
Features at a Glance – GA-X99-UD5 WIFI
- Supports New Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition
- 4 Channel DDR4, 8 DIMMs
- Genuine All Digital Power Design with IR Digital PWM & IR PowIRstage ICs
- 4-Way Graphics with Premium PCIe Lane
- Dual M.2 Technology for SSD Drive and Onboard WIFI card
- 6x(30µ) Gold Plating for CPU socket, Memory DIMMs and PCIe slots
- Realtek ALC1150 115dB SNR HD audio with built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
- Independent Right and Left Audio Channel PCB Layers
- LED lighting for the audio guard light path and the back panel LED
- All Stainless Steel connectors on rear panel
- High end quality audio capacitors
- Dual Intel GbE LAN with Teaming functionality
- SATA Express support for up to 10 Gb/s data transfer
- Long lifespan Durable Black Solid caps
- APP Center including EasyTune and Cloud Station utilities
- Thunderbolt Ready
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS with Q-Flash Plus USB port
- Safer design around screw mounting holes