Dell Wyse Cloud Connect delivers first secure, managed, ultra-mobile cloud access device
New Delhi, India, April 28, 2014: Dell today announced the availability of Dell Wyse Cloud Connect, an ultra-compact and highly mobile cloud access device that instantly delivers desktop virtualization and personal cloud services to any HDMI- or MHL-enabled display. The pocket-size device delivers a full-HD experience with enterprise-level security, manageability and reliability. Organizations of any size can now deliver streaming cloud services and IT solutions in a cost-effective, mobile offering for work, home and on the go.
Joseph Korah, Senior Director and Center Head-Kochi at Cognizant Technology said, “Dell Wyse Cloud Connect is the best mobile thin client solution we have tested at our labs. It works seamlessly with Citrix, Microsoft and VMware environments. I believe that Dell has hit upon a sweet spot for the futuristic enterprise that is looking for ways to improve productivity at work and on the go for its Enterprise Workforce.”
Founder and Chief Analyst at TECHnalysis Research Bob O’Donnell said, “IT organizations want to be able to deliver a rich user experience through cost-effective and reliable devices without sacrificing security and manageability. At the same time, many end users want an easy, simple way to get access to their corporate applications and data wherever they happen to be. Cloud Connect is an innovative solution to address these customer needs.”
An Entirely New Smart Connected Device
Cloud Connect represents a new end user device category that bridges thin clients and mobile devices as part of Dell Cloud Client Computing’s end-to-end desktop virtualization solutions portfolio. The extremely compact, secure, cloud-managed device with a low total cost of ownership (TCO) supports multiple use cases including mobile workers, students, digital signage, kiosks and other space-constrained environments. Specific customer benefits include:
- Quick and secure access for mobile and remote workers to virtual desktops and a variety of cloud assets including content, applications, virtual desktops and IT support
- Easy remote connections to personal computers running Microsoft Windows OS or Apple Mac OS to access data, content or applications
- Plug-and-play interactive presentations run in full-HD directly from the cloud or device, on any compatible display
- Pocket-size, all-in-one, and battery-free alternative in the event of loss, theft, or failure of primary devices
- Cost-effective virtual desktop for the education market, extending application and data access in classrooms, libraries, labs or at home
- All-in-one digital signage solution with simplified, remote management for airports, retailers, hospitality, or other organizations
- Personal cloud access to online entertainment, gaming, apps and rich content on large displays
“Dell Wyse Cloud Connect is very compact, merely the size of a wireless network card, but it is powerful enough to project a virtual desktop on any TV screen with a HDMI or MHL controller, using any ordinary tablet or mobile device,” said Wang Jing, General Manager of New Energy Division, State Grid Information & Telecommunication Company Ltd., State Grid Electric Power Research Institute, China. “We find this extremely useful in our delivery of refined product terminals. Moreover, we are now using Cloud Connect as an entrance portal to support our various projects, specially those around which we are researching methods such as tracing end-data queries to ensure product quality, displaying our new products at user terminals, etc.”
According to IDC, the smart connected device market rose 30.4% in 2012 and global shipments are expected to surpass 1.7 billion by 2014. By 2017, IDC expects that shipments will surpass 2.3 billion units and revenues will reach $748.6 billion¹. These numbers illustrate a powerful and ongoing disruption in how users communicate and interact with their professional and personal content, driven by trends such as BYOD, mobile app development, social media and cloud computing.
Cloud Connect represents a new category of smart connected device and is the only device of its kind that is seamlessly integrated into a secure, controlled, end-to-end desktop virtualization portfolio that includes:
- Software for mobile device and application management and control with Dell Wyse Cloud Client Manager
- Flexible desktop virtualization solutions from Dell partners Citrix, Microsoft and VMware
- Personal cloud access to files and apps through Dell Wyse PocketCloud
- Global customer support expertise through Dell ProSupport for Cloud
Country Manager of Dell India Santosh Pandey said, “Cloud Connect brings together the key elements that our customers wish for in their Wyse computing devices – functionality and portability. A technology solution with enterprise-level security and highly optimized cloud-client, Cloud Connect allows users to create an extension of their workplace virtually anywhere. At Dell, we strive to innovate and deliver technology which supports and reinforces the BYOD trend that is transforming the workforce. Cloud Connect is one such innovation, compatible with our existing Wyse products and software to maximize the thin client computing experience.”
Pricing and Availability
Cloud Connect is INR 10, 000 per unit. Dell accessories including MHL-capable displays and Bluetooth keyboards and mice are also available at extra cost. Cloud Connect is available immediately with documentation and support in global English in the Unities States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, China, India, Japan, Brazil, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
To order Cloud Connect please visit, www.dell.com/cloudconnect.