New Delhi, India, November 26, 2014: Extreme Networks, a playerer in high performance networking, has announced new products and Technology Solution Partner (TSP) Program members as key enhancements to its Software Defined Architecture, the industry’s first open, standards based and comprehensive data center ecosystem.
Extreme Networks’ Software Defined Architecture delivers robust performance, unified management, application analytics and dynamic data center orchestration for highly virtualized enterprise, cloud/service provider and high performance computing (HPC)/Big Data deployments. By leveraging OneController, an OpenDaylight based SDN platform, customers can harness the innovation velocity fueled by an open source SDN landscape.
Extreme Networks New Data Center Switching and Analytics Products
- Summit X670-G2 Switch – New top-of-rack switches available in 48 and 72 port 1RU 10GbE fixed models. Features industry-leading density for 10GbE (72 ports 1RU or 144 ports in 2RU) and best-in-class latency at less than 600ns.
- Purview Application Sensor – A new appliance scaling and simplifying the deployment of Purview analytics within data centers.
New Technology Solution Partner (TSP) Program Members
- Sanbolic – Provides a software defined storage and application scale out solution for hyper-converged systems that – together with validated Extreme Networks Data Center Bridging solutions for converged network infrastructures – improves availability, load-balancing and user experiences in virtual applications and across multiple locations and clouds by hyper-scaling IT resources to improve data center economics.
- A10 Networks – Optimizes north-south traffic flows in global data center interconnect DCI scenarios through VM and topology awareness. Improves data center security by leveraging distributed threat response to protect against suspicious server threats and optimal resource utilization through the integration with the Extreme Networks SDN platform.
- NetOptics IXIA – Extends application visibility and analytics into virtualized data center infrastructures together with Purview for any traffic flows, including inter-VM (east-west) traffic on the hypervisor hosts.
Extreme Networks Data Center Solution Elements
- Faster performance with ultra low latency and highly reliable hardware
- Open and standards based SDN that will capitalize on solution velocity
- Application analytics to understand and optimize highly virtualized data centers
- An established open ecosystem approach with proven and integrated solutions
- Data centers that are simple, fast and smart
Extreme Networks’ Technology Solution Partner (TSP) Program
Extreme Networks’ Technology Solutions Partner (TSP) Program is a consortium of technology leaders committed to accelerating IT innovation through open, standards based and flexible, high performance network architectures. Leveraging Extreme Networks SDN architecture – which integrates the award-winning OneFabric Control Center, OneController OpenDaylight and OneFabric Connect SDN API – the TSP program focuses on integration, validation and interoperability with technology leaders in the areas of mobility, security, SDN, IT operations, data center, cloud, analytics and convergence. TSP member companies include: Microsoft Palo Alto Networks, AirWatch by VMware, A10 Networks, NetOptics / IXIA and Sanbolic.
Lenovo and Extreme Networks Tackle HPC with Intelligent Cluster
Extreme Networks’ high performance Ethernet solutions are available as part of Lenovo’s portfolio of HPC solutions, combining supercomputing with resilient, fast and intelligent networking. Extreme Networks and Lenovo will demonstrate HPC infrastructure that feature Lenovo servers, storage, software and Extreme Networks’ low latency Summit series switches at SC14 (Booth #3123), Nov. 17 – 20t. Demonstrations will also include a range of high-performance, non-blocking Ethernet interfaces connecting 1GbE/10GbE/40GbE servers and storage infrastructure. These tested solutions allow for a wide choice of technology within an integrated, delivered HPC solution.