New Delhi, India, October 21, 2015: Ericsson will demonstrate a wide array of the industry-leading technologies and solutions that are enabling the Networked Society – where everything that can benefit from being connected will be connected – at Broadband World Forum, held October 20 to October 22, 2015 in London, UK.
Håkan Djuphammar, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Business Unit Cloud and IP, Ericsson, will address network transformation, Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud industrialization in the keynote presentation: “Telecom at the crossroads – meeting the challenges of the Networked Society,” on October 21, 2015 at 0920 BST.
Brian Aherne, General Manager, Software Defined Networking Division, Intel Corporation, will join Djuphammar on stage for this presentation.
Ericsson will present in two additional conference tracks:
- Elena Romero, Head of Product Line SDN & Policy Control, Ericsson: “After SDN trials and PoCs – what comes beyond the technology discussions”; October 21, 2015 at 1400 BST in conference track SDX
- Mika Heikkinen, Head of Product Line Metro & Backhaul, Ericsson: “Mobile backhaul for the Networked Society”; October 21, 2015 at 1430 BST in conference track 5G & LTE.
At the event, Ericsson experts will be on hand to demonstrate a broad range of innovative hardware, software and services that are designed to enable change-makers in areas such as mobility, broadband and the cloud, and that create the foundation for new ecosystems and transformation across industries.
Some of the highlights that can be experienced at Ericsson’s stand (D70, Excel) at Broadband World Forum include:
- Networks for IoT: Ericsson Device Connection Platform (DCP) with a self-service portal and for multi-domestic services; IoT smart authentication, which allows secure and controlled connectivity with authentication of non-SIM-based-device network access.
- Management and analytics: Management and orchestration of hybrid networks; network analytics and expert analytics with real-time video customer experience management and real-time service operation.
- Software-defined networking (SDN) & virtualization: Fully virtualized network functions such as virtual EPC (vEPC), virtual IMS (vIMS) and virtual CPE (vCPE); a live OPNFV demo in cooperation with Intel showing cloud SDN technologies, including SDN controller and transport SDN.
- Wi-Fi calling and hybrid access: Technologies enabling seamless handover between Wi-Fi and VoLTE and roaming of Wi-Fi voice calls; hybrid access combining LTE and DSL access.
- Ericsson router portfolio and mobile backhaul/fronthaul: Router 6000 for mobile backhaul as well as fixed and enterprise applications; Ericsson Virtual Router used as virtual data center gateway; SSR8000 for fixed mobile convergence and multiple network access; Ericsson fronthaul solutions.
- Hyperscale cloud: HDS8000 with Intel Rack Scale Architecture; Ericsson Secure Cloud Storage.
In addition, Ericsson will demonstrate virtualized end-to-end network infrastructure for Wi-Fi calling in the Broadband World Forum Network Functions Virtualization proof-of-concept zone.
© Technuter.com News Service