New Delhi, India, April 28, 2014: As part of its growing development kit offering, element14 has partnered with Freescale to launch the MagniV S12ZVML-MINIBRD variable speed motor control development kit.
The new S12ZVML-MINIBRD provides a low cost and easy to use motor control evaluation and development platform. The kit includes both the hardware and software needed to get a variable speed motor up and running quickly with the included software libraries and development tools. It is ideal for Sensorless BLDC or PMSM motor control as well as Bidirectional DC motors (H-Bridge).
The board was designed for engineers and hobbyists requiring a single board solution to drive low voltage variable speed BLDC/PMSM motors using Trapezoidal or Field Oriented Control.
– Allows FOC and Trapazoidal Control
– Includes easy to use motor tuning software and libraries
– 6 N-channel FETs with 5-8A drive capability
– LIN connector
– Onboard BDM-to-USB debug interface
• Single chip MCU with GDU + VREG + LIN phy + op-amp integrated
• From 32K to 128K flash
• Programmable Trigger Unit (PTU) synchronizes conversion sequences with the PMW Module (PMF) for maximum precision and minimum CPU loading
• No external components required for back-EMF sensing
• – S12Z CPU @ 50MHz bus speed
• VREG + 5V/20mA sensor supply
• LIN PHY, LIN2.1 / 2.2 / J2602 compliant
• 6ch Gate Pre-Driver (GDU) with nom. 100nC total Gate Charge
• Dual 12bit ADC, synch with PWM
• Programmable Triggering unit with fault protection
• 2x Op-amp for current
• Up to 128K Flash and 512byte EEPROM
Group CTO at Premier Farnell David Shen said, “In alignment with our strategic partnership, Freescale worked with us to produce and launch the MagniV S12ZVML-MINIBRD board through the manufacturing capabilities we are now able to offer through Embest, a wholly owned Premier Farnell subsidiary. The Freescale MagniV is the latest in our ever-expanding range of solutions, offering everything from starter kits to complete development boards, including the newest releases and exclusive bundles.”
Low cost at $69, Magniv is available from Newark element14 in North America, Farnell element14 in Europe and element14 in Asia Pacific.
For more information on development kit solutions visit www.farnell.com