PMO Mobile app features finalised
New Delhi, India, June 3, 2015: MyGov, the citizen engagement platform of the Government of India today announced the blueprint for the PMO Mobile App, highlighting the features that the app will have for citizens to engage with the PMO. More than 9500 submissions were received from different parts of the country out of which 20 suggestions were taken and selected as winners.
The final app will feature the following functionality:
- Profile of the Prime Minister and major initiatives of the Prime Minister
- PMO functional chart and the ability to contact them
- Latest news and Social Media updates
- Latest videos and ‘Mann Ki Baat’ streaming
- Donation to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund
- The Prime Minister’s Calendar
- Merchandise store where the proceeds go to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund
The campaign will now move to Phase 2, the Wireframe Phase of the Contest. Teams can submit their mock-ups and designs for the app based on the blueprint. Google has partnered with MyGov in this contest to build the PMO Mobile App. This is a first of its kind contest to crowdsource and build a mobile app for Prime Minister’s Office.
Talking about the announcement, Gaurav Dwivedi, CEO of MyGov said, “ The Wire-frame development phase (Phase 2) of PMO Mobile App Contest is a critical phase in the development of the PMO App. It is in this phase that the most important components of a successful app, such as navigation ease, user interface and user friendliness, visual and pictorial appeal as well as innovation in design – would be outlined by the various competing teams. In addition, unlike Phase 1, only the winners of Phase 2 of the contest would be allowed to take part in the next Phase and get a chance to code the actual PMO app. Therefore we will make maximum efforts to spread awareness about this phase of the contest so that the widest possible participation can be achieved. We are excited about the idea of engaging with the Indian Android app developer community to develop a world class App for the Prime Minister’s Office.”
Commenting on the blueprint, Rajan Anandan, Vice President and Managing Director, Google India & South-East Asia, “We are excited with the response we have got for PMO app from citizens, and we expect similar participation for the Phase 2. This will be for the first time in the world, that citizens will not only design but also make the Mobile App for the PMO. It is a great opportunity for developers and students to show their expertise and skill and have an app they built as the official app of the Prime Minister’s Office.”
Here is how you can be a part of building the PMO mobile app.
- For Phase 2, people can register in teams of 3 to 6 on MyGov.in. The blueprint and app guidelines are available on the website.
- Teams have to submit their mock-ups in the prescribed format by 12th June 2015.
- 10 teams will be shortlisted and invited to present their wireframes in front of a Jury in Delhi. 5 teams will be selected to build the app and will be mentored by Google.
© Technuter.com News Service