New Delhi, India, May 21, 2014: NIIT Limited, leading Global Talent Development Corporation today reported its results for the fourth quarter ending March 31, 2014. During the quarter, the company recorded a Net Revenue of Rs. 232.9 Cr, up 5% YoY with a PAT of Rs. 14 Cr, up 415% YoY. For the full year, the Company’s Net Revenue stood at Rs. 951 Cr and the PAT was recorded at Rs. 17.8 Cr.
The results were taken on record at the meeting of the Board of Directors here today. The Board also proposed a dividend of 80% i.e Rs. 1.60 on each equity share of face value Rs. 2 each.
During the financial year 2013-14, NIIT announced a breakthrough initiative ‘Cloud Campus’, aimed at redefining the education landscape by making available new-age skills, to students across the breadth of the country. The extended range of training offerings in IT, Banking, Global Finance, Management, Digital & Social Media Marketing under Cloud Campus are aimed at transforming learners into first-day first-hour industry-ready professionals.
Reaffirming its dominant position in the training industry, NIIT received ‘Top Training Company Award 2013’ for the 20th year in succession by leading IT journal, Dataquest during the quarter.
Chairman, NIIT Limited Rajendra S Pawar said, “Our new GNIIT program, which now has many options beyond IT, can be customized by every student.”
Recently, NIIT launched ‘ReVOLUTION GNIIT’- a path-breaking GNIIT program that maximises career opportunities for class XII and college students by offering a range of future-ready courses in -Banking and Finance, Digital Marketing and Social Media, Cloud & Mobile Software Engineering, Big Data and Business Analytics, e-Commerce & Business Administration and Cloud Computing & IT Management. For the first time ever, this offers students the flexibility to choose options from a range of multiple new-age career programs, aligned to the evolving needs of the knowledge economy.
Career Building Solutions (CBS) recorded net revenue of Rs. 82.4 Cr during the quarter, backed by a growth of 16% YoY growth in Non Tech revenue in Q4. The pioneering Cloud campus initiative has now expanded to cover 96 courses, across 211 centres. Cloud Campus enrolments increased by 6,500 in Q4, taking the cumulative number of enrolments to around 60,000.
NIIT Institute of Finance and Banking placed 8,407 students in FY 14, recording a growth of 42% in Banking placements during the year.
During the quarter, NIIT Imperia launched Post Graduate Certificate Program in Brand and Advertising Management in collaboration with Indian Institute of Management – Tiruchirappalli. The program aims to give new insights into the importance and value of strongly differentiated brands and how brand and advertising can be used to build strong and enduring businesses.
Corporate Learning Solutions (CLS) recorded net revenues of Rs. 107.6 Cr, up 41% YoYduring Q4.
Chief Executive Officer at NIIT Limited Vijay K Thadani said, “The Corporate Training Business recorded fresh order intake of USD 21.8 Mn in Q4, up 52% YoY, reflecting strong customer confidence.”
School Learning Solutions (SLS) registered net revenue of Rs. 41.7 Cr during the quarter, with a robust order intake of Rs. 55 Cr in Q4 from non government schools.
During the quarter, NIIT NGuru unveiled Math Lab Plus, integrating interactive content into Math Labs. NIIT also trained 9,029 teachers and school principals on CCE, (Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation) and leadership training across the country, as an empanelled member of CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), during FY 14.
Chief Operating Officer at NIIT Ltd P Rajendran said, “NIIT signed up 371 new schools during the quarter, to offer exciting technology and multimedia based education. The new NGuru solutions strengthened NIIT’s leadership position, thereby registering a growth of 78% YoY in new schools added, with a growth of 115% YoY in order Intake, during the quarter.”
NIIT’s vocational skills training initiative – NIIT Yuva Jyoti, established in partnership with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) continued to gain momentum, expanding its reach to over 50 locations with more than 16,000 students trained, since commencement.
Other acknowledgements and milestones during the year:
- NIIT features as ‘India’s Most Trusted Training Brand’ in Brand Trust Report, India Study, 2014, undertaken by Trust Research Advisory.
- NIIT NGuru has been recognized as the “Best Interactive Solution Provider” at the National Education Excellence Awards 2014 by leading industry body ASSOCHAM (Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
- NIIT Foundation Bags “Best CSR Practices Award in Skill Development” 2014 by National CSR.
- Rajendra S Pawar, Chairman, NIIT Group has been honored as the ‘IT Gem of India’ at INFOCOM 2013, India’s largest IT & Telecom event, by the ABP Group.
- NIIT US, receives Brandon Hall Excellence Gold Award in the Best Training Program for the Extended Enterprise category jointly with Allstate
- NIIT US, awarded the Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning 2013 Silver Award in the Best Custom Content category jointly with Shell
- Ranked among TrainingIndustry.com’s 2013 Top 20 Content Development Companies
- Ranked among TrainingIndustry.com’s 2013 Top 20 IT Training Companies and among the Top 20 Companies in Training Outsourcing
- NIIT China launched a Global Talent Development centre in Haikou city of Hainan province, to train skilled manpower for the growing IT industry in the country.
- NIIT reaffirmed itself as a Youth connect brand, through the hugely successful social media campaign #Wish4Vishy www.wish4vishy.com. The campaign became a national movement with wishes pouring in for NIIT MindChampion Viswanathan (Vishy) Anand prior to the World Chess Championship 2013, reaching out to over 60 lakh fans and well wishers of Vishy across the globe.