Mi India upgraded its smart TV portfolio with the introduction of the Mi TV 5X series, the successor to the popular Mi TV 4X series. With a fresh look and premium metal bezel-less design, Mi TV 5X Series comes in 3 sizes 43″, 50″, and 55″ tailored to provide a personalised cinematic experience as per your surroundings.
Mi TV 5X Series comes loaded with premium features that are designed to offer perfect aesthetics, stunning picture quality, immersive audio experience and smart content streaming. With upto 96.6% screen to body ratio, metallic body and finish, powerful 40W speakers with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD and the new and upgraded Patchwall 4.0 integrated with IMDb, Mi TV 5X Series is here to take the home entertainment experience a notch higher. It also offers support for all the popular codecs such as Dolby Vision, HDR 10+ and Xiaomi’s own Vivid Picture Engine 2 with adaptive brightness.
Elevating the aesthetics of living rooms, Mi TV 5X Series features a premium and sturdy metallic bezel-less finish. With 96.6% screen-to-body ratio, it comes with aluminium alloy frames all around the TV, giving it an elegant look from all angles. The back of the TV features layers of carbon fibre to round off the premium design. Accommodating the needs of consumers across all levels, the new range of Mi Smart TVs comes in 3 different sizes 43”, 50”, and 55”. The minimalist and metallic industrial design combined with higher screen to body ratio provides a wholesome viewing experience.
Mi TV 5X Series comes with a host of new features and technology that provides an overall incredible experience. The new Mi TV 5X series comes with an enhanced Vivid Picture Engine 2 (Proprietary display technology) with Adaptive Brightness. Using the Photo-electric sensor, it smartly adapts to the ambient lighting conditions, thereby providing users a comfortable viewing experience. The latest version has been programmed to provide an exceptional color accuracy and vibrancy for stunning visuals in all conditions.
Ensuring that each and every intricate detail on the screen comes to life, the TV boasts a “Billion Colour View”, covering 94% of the DCI-P3 standard. The consistency of the colours will keep users hooked on the screen while they binge watch their favourite shows or content. In addition, Mi TV 5X series comes equipped with a 4K display panel that boasts 3840 x 2160p resolution and offers support for all popular codecs including Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR 10+, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG). It also comes embedded with Xiaomi’s proprietary ‘Reality Flow Engine’ that interpolates frames when needed to ensure blur-free and smooth viewing while watching sports or playing games.
Focused on offering solutions that are more immersive, collaborative and interactive than ever before, the Mi TV 5X series comes with the latest version of Patchwall – Patchwall 4. The PatchWall 4 update unveils features such as:
- New Design: Built on a more interactive experience, Patchwall 4 brings improvements to the interface, making it lighter, faster and more responsive while also looking much better. The new UI has been thoroughly optimized to provide faster search results, quick transitions between apps and lag-free content discovery. The User Centre and App Inputs have been moved to the first fold for easy access. User Centre acts as a personal hub for users where they can save their favourite content, watch new trailers, check their subscription plans and much more
- PatchWall x IMDb: In its first ever collaboration with any smart TV brand in India, IMDb, the world’s most popular and authoritative source for information on movies, TV shows and celebrities, is partnering with Mi India to provide ratings and other metadata to be integrated native-ly into Patchwall. Fans all over the world rate movies and shows on IMDb’s 1-to-10 scale, and these customer ratings will appear on movie and show pages on more than 30 streaming services available on PatchWall 4. Also, collections of top IMDb fan-rated titles themed around genres, actors, filmmakers and more will be featured on the PatchWall homepage
- An all new Details Page: PatchWall 4 features an all-new details page for each title, providing ample information to consumers about any show or movie on more than 30 streaming services available on PatchWall 4. With just one click from the movie or show page on PatchWall, users can access information from the IMDb database of hundreds of millions of searchable items, including episode listings, images, detailed descriptions, year of release, genre and more
- New Content partners: With a content first approach of Patchwall, the company’s aim is to offer deep integration across different content platforms. Extending partnership with all the major OTT players, the interface brings together 30 content partners in 15 different languages. Some of the latest partnerships include Chaupal and Lionsgate Play. In a pursuit of making cord-cutting a reality, the new PatchWall 4 also comes with 75+ free live channels which can be directly accessed through Mi TV. Marking its entry in India with Mi TVs, Chaupal’s content will be deeply integrated with PatchWall enabling easy and early access to entertaining content and offer best in class experience to the users
- Mi Home: PatchWall also brings together the smarter connected home experience with the Mi Home app now integrated in Mi TVs. It allows users to control all AIoT devices right from the living room providing an unmatched comfort to users
Mi TV 5X runs on Android 10 version out of the box that packs performance enhancements and brings access to over 5,000 apps and games from Google Play along with built-in Chromecast and Google Assistant support. It also features the Mi QuickMute feature that allows users to mute the TV by simply double tapping the volume down key.
Mi TV 5X provides a high quality output of 40W with clear three-dimensional audio and rich bass. Featuring as the first for Mi TVs in India, Mi TV 5X series comes with support for Dolby Atmos and provides an ultimate in-home entertainment experience with a fulfilling theater-like rich sound. Further, allowing users to smartly access and operate the TV with a simple voice command, Mi TV 5X series packs built-in far field mics. Users can simply use their voice to search and access entertainment, get answers, control the TV and also operate their smart home devices.
Mi TV 5X series comes with 2GB of RAM along with 16GB of storage, coupled with all the latest connectivity features that makes these TVs future-proof. The series bring support for eARC, ALLM via the three HDMI 2.1 ports that also enables next gen gaming with the latest consoles. Along with it, the back panel also features two USB ports, a LAN port, one optical port, 3.5 mm jack and an Ethernet port for all additional connectivity. It also brings support for both 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi connectivity for uninterrupted streaming and browsing.
Price and Availability
Mi TV 5X Series will be available across Mi.com, Flipkart.com, Mi Home, Mi Studio and Croma, starting 7th September, 2021 12PM at INR 31,999 for 43″, INR 41,999 for 50″ and INR 47,999 for 55″.
- Get upto ₹3000 Instant Discount* with HDFC Bank Credit Cards & EasyEMI
- Get upto 9 month No Cost EMI offers from leading Banks and NBFCs