New Delhi, India, October 16, 2014: Lenovo, a leading PC+ player, today announced the India launch of its much awaited lineup of next-generation Yoga Tablet 2 powered by Intel processors. The range of 4 distinct tablets offer some of the best features in their respective categories coupled with the four usage modes that make Yoga Tablets stand apart in the crowded tablet market. Lenovo will be retailing these products exclusively on one of India’s largest e-commerce portals, Flipkart, starting October 17th 2014.
Stemming from its legacy of consumer-focused design and innovation, Lenovo is offering 3 sizes and 2 operating systems so users can choose the model that is right for them. Besides Android models in 20.32 cm, 25.65 cm and 33.78 cm, consumers can now for the first time choose a Windows model, available in 25.65 cm.
The new range comes with several new features that makes the Yoga a great entertainment device while offering unparalleled flexibility and versatility. Not only do the tablets have excellent resolution with Full HD, Dolby Wolfson HiFi audio, 8MP rear and 1.6 HD front camera, they come powered with the new Intel Atom Processor Z3745 for an excellent performance coupled with a super-long battery of upto 18 hours.
The tablet range also has a new Hang mode besides the existing Stand, Hold and Tilt modes. A well placed cut-out in the kickstand not only allows for taking pictures without any hassle, it also allows one to hang the tablet permitting endless usage for the product. Further, the existing modes are made even more effective with a bigger and improved kickstand. These excellent features coupled with a best-in-class processer and incomparable battery makes the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 a compelling proposition.
Speaking on Lenovo’s plans for tablets, Rohit Midha, Director, Tablet Business Unit, Lenovo India, said, “As the world’s leading PC+ player, Lenovo is ahead of the game in terms of consumer centric design and technology that adapts to users. We are aiming to achieve global sales to the tune of 100 million PC+ devices, including tablets this financial year. Owing to our increasing focus on digital millennials, India as a youth market forms a crucial part of our PC+ strategy. Our association with a leading online player like Flipkart will make it possible to expand our reach to the country’s online and tech-savvy audience. Yoga Tablet 2 coupled with this association will help us in further strengthening our position in the tablet category.”
Bhaskar Choudhuri, Director, Marketing, Lenovo India said, “Yoga Tablet 2 is a result of Lenovo’s philosophy of building products keeping consumer needs and wants in mind. All the improvements on the tablet have been based on feedback from users to make the product even more useful and adaptive. The devices offer unparalleled proposition to people who seek a tablet that doesn’t constrain them but in fact sets them free. To highlight this aspect, we have devised a campaign involving social media as well as TV.”
The social media campaign, titled “Yoga2bfree,” engages four Twitteratis from different walks of life showcasing how the feature-rich 8” Yoga Tablet 2 sets users free: Ashwin Mushran, actor/DJ, Mihir Fadnavis, writer/film critic, Kalyan Karmakar, food blogger and Ankit Vengurlekar, tech reviewer/gadgetwala.
Commenting on the launch Debjani Ghosh, Vice President, Sales & Marketing Group, Managing Director, South Asia, Intel said, “Our longstanding and strategic collaboration with Lenovo has resulted in a multitude of innovative computing devices like the Yoga Tablet 2. Performance and battery life define the user experience and the Intel processor powered Yoga Tablet 2 lets users do more of what they like at the speed they want opening up amazing possibilities to be entertained, stay connected, learn and work on the go.”
The new Yoga Tablet 2’s focus is on technology that adapts to users making it intuitive and fun. Designed for Choice, the tablet sets users free by providing new ways to do more with its cutting-edge features like:
- Runs on the latest 4th generation Intel Atom Processor
- Stunning clear, sharp and bright HD display ranging from FHD 1920 x 1200 with 283PPI (8), FHD 1920 x 1200 with 227 PPI (10”) and QHD 2560×1440 with 227 PPI (13.3”)
- Extended battery life with up to 18 hours on a single charge
- Voice calling (8”) and detachable keyboard (10”)
- Unique convertible design features with all-new “Hang mode” for a hands-free experience
- New Intel YOGA Tablet 2 architecture delivers 3x faster CPU, 2x 3D graphics performance (what generation)
- Boost sound experience with Dolby Audio and Master-HiFi quality CODEC hardware
- Enhanced 8MP rear camera with auto-focus and glare reducing that provides more lifelike images
- Intel Burst technology enables faster wake-from-sleep and file, photo and app access
- Enhanced app experience with a cool new interface together with Lenovo’s own award-winning DOit Apps – SECURITY |SHAREit |SYNCit
Pricing and Availability
- The Yoga Tablet 2, 20.32 cm will be available on www.flipkart.com beginning October 17, 2014. The 25.65 cm and 33.78 cm Android and Windows models will be available by mid-November 2014.
- Yoga Tablet 2, 20.32 cm Android: INR 20990/-
- Yoga Tablet 2, 25.65 cm Android: INR 28990/-
- Yoga Tablet 2, 25.65 cm Windows: INR 34990/-
- Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, 33.78 cm Android: INR 47990/-