Fujifilm India has launched Fujifilm GFX 50S II as the latest addition to the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras equipped with a large format sensor. In addition to the camera the company also unveiled the price of the Fujinon GF35-70mm f/4.5-5.6 WR lens.
Fujifilm GFX 50S II- The already popular GFX line of cameras is all set to be bolstered with a product that is loaded with value. The GFX50S II packs the 51.4MP large-format sensor to boast an incredible image-resolving power, capturing every detail in sharpness across the frame. The resulting image reproduces deep tonality and texture from shadows to highlights, and delivers image clarity with minimal noise even when taken in low light. It is complemented by GF lenses’ edge-to-edge sharpness to accentuate the main subject against a blurred background for added three-dimensional definition. The camera also comes in a compact form factor, weighing only 900g.
Fujinon GF35-70mm f/4.5-5.6 WR lens – A compact and lightweight large-format zoom lens the GF35-70 mm weighs just 390g and has the filter thread size of 62mm despite covering versatile focal lengths at high resolution and delivering high-speed AF performance. It would not weigh one down even when used as a walkaround lens for snapshots, enabling casual hand-held shooting. The compact and lightweight focusing elements are driven with a stepping motor for silent, fast and highly-accurate AF performance, attaining focus on a subject smoothly to seize photo opportunities.
Commenting on the product portfolio expansion, Mr. Koji Wada, Managing Director, Fujifilm India said, “At Fujifilm, our mission is continued evolution and innovations in the field of imaging. With the entry of the globally launched GFX 50S II, we surely see the tilting curve in the world of photography to a sharper edge. The launch is a testament to our never-ending commitment of evolving ever changing possibilities of innovation for the users in the world of photography.”
Fujifilm GFX 50S II mirrorless digital cameras features
(1) Superior image quality delivered with the use of a unique 51.4MP large-format sensor
- The GFX50S II is equipped with a 51.4MP large format sensor, which delivers incredible image resolution when combined with a GF lens.
- The camera uses a specialized design that uses smaller light-collecting micro lenses on the sensor to create a wider gap between adjacent pixels, thereby boosting light resolution per pixel for added image sharpness.
- Having a larger light-receiving area per pixel results in excellent ISO sensitivity, dynamic range and tonality, controlling highlight / shadow clipping while conveying the subject’s texture, definitions and even the atmosphere of the scene in precise details.
- The ability of the large format sensor to produce a very shallow depth-of-field renders background out of focus beautifully, adding definitions to the subject and drawing attention to where the photographer intended.
(2) Variety of Film Simulations
The GFX50S II comes with as many as 19 Film Simulations, including “Nostalgic Neg.,” developed for the launch of the GFX100S and characterized by high saturation and soft tonality. Use Film Simulation presets, designed for various subject types and scenes, while checking how they affect the final image in Live View.
(3) Compact 5-axis In-Body Stabilization delivering up to 6.5-stops of Vibration Reduction
- The GFX50S II features a five-axis image stabilization mechanism that provides up to 6.5 stops of advantage*3, the highest in the history of the GFX Series. This has been made possible with the use of a high-performance gyro sensor and accelerometer that can detect motions at high accuracy. The gyro sensor has been structured to boost its detection accuracy for precise image stabilization.
- This camera revolutionizes the way conventional medium-format digital cameras are used. Rather than being mounted on a tripod for slow and careful shooting, the GFX50S II can produce superior image quality hand-held with image stabilization.
(4) Fast and high-precision AF thanks to the high-speed processing engine and latest algorithm
- The GFX50S II’s fast and high-precision AF system is assisted by the powerful devices such as large-format high resolution sensor, high-speed image processing engine “X-Processor 4” and image stabilization mechanism, operated with the latest algorithm. During the contrast detection process for AF, the built-in powerful image stabilization mechanism controls sensor motion blur to add speed and accuracy to the AF performance, ensuring to capture the decisive photo opportunity in any conditions.
- The GFX50S II uses the X-Processor 4 and the latest algorithm that improves AF’s refresh rate. This results in more accurate autofocus in Face / Eye Detection compared to a previous model.*4 The ability to quickly attain focus despite using the large-format sensor with a shallow depth of field, assists users greatly when shooting portraits with movements.
*4 FUJIFILM GFX 50S
(5) Innovative compact and lightweight body for advanced mobility
- The use of the compact and powerful in-body image stabilization (IBIS) mechanism and shutter unit has been combined with optimized layout of various devices to achieve a logic-defying compact body for a large-format camera, weighing approximately 900g and measuring 104.2mm high and 87.2mm deep.
- The grip has been shaped so that the camera sits comfortably in the hand, ensuring comfort by significantly reducing hand strains when using a large zoom lens, for example.
- The casing is made of highly rigid magnesium alloy. Added thickness around the base of the lens mount, which is subject to greater load in particular, has made the camera body highly robust. The GFX50S II is also weather-sealed at 60 locations to offer dust- and moisture-resistance and ability to operate in temperatures as low as -10℃. The camera’s exceptional portability is coupled with its robustness in all shooting situations to expand the world of ultra-high-resolution photography.
(6) Easy operability for a smooth shooting experience
- The top panel features the Mode dial, typically seen in many digital cameras, so that users can handle the camera in a familiar fashion. It offers six customizable positions C1 – C6, allowing users to register their choice of functions to each of the positions and activate them quickly for a smooth photo shoot.
- There is a selector on the top panel to instantly switch between the still and video modes for added convenience.
- The use of a flat-shaped Focus Lever reduces physical discomfort even after extended use. It responds with enhanced sensitivity when moving the focus point, allowing users to attain focus at the intended location quickly.
- The 1.8-inch sub LCD monitor with excellent visibility is found on the top panel, displaying key EXIF settings such as shutter speed, aperture, ISO sensitivity and exposure. Additional information displayed includes the number of frames remaining when shooting stills and the remaining filming duration. The display can be customized for added convenience.
- On the rear panel is a 3.2-inch main LCD monitor with 100% coverage. It can tilt in three directions to enable high- and low-angle shooting, for which the electronic viewfinder (EVF) cannot be easily used.
(7) “Pixel Shift Multi-Shot” function to capture and generate 200MP images free of false color
The GFX50S II features the Pixel Shift Multi-Shot function, capable of creating 200MP images free of false color presentation. The ability to reproduce a photo subject’s colors, texture and even its atmosphere in the finest of details makes the camera a perfect choice for archiving. Large artworks and historical artifacts, previously difficult to photograph in detail because of their size, can be captured in precise details in edge-to-edge clarity.
- This function uses the camera’s IBIS to shift the image sensor by 0.5 pixel to incrementally record 16 RAW images and combine them into a single Digital Negative (DNG) RAW file in the software “Pixel Shift Combiner,” producing an ultra-high-definition 200MP image. The high pixel count leads to an astonishing level of tonality and three-dimensional definitions for edge-to-edge clarity.
- The image sensor is shifted in high precision to ensure that each pixel records image data in red, green and blue, completely eliminating false color and recording the subject in accurate color information.
- The function can be configured to produce 51.4MP images, which are easier to handle, free of false color.
Speaking on the launch, Mr. Arun Babu, General Manager, Imaging Devices and Optical Division, Fujifilm India said, “Fujifilm remains at the head of technological development and evolution, and has yet again proven to be a visionary in the field of cameras with our latest offering, the GFX 50S II. This medium-format camera has been designed to provide the best images possible at minimal effort. Our innovation however does not stop here as our new Fujinon lens, created to provide a hassle-free photography experience have also been introduced. We will continue innovating and bringing our best to the fore.”
Price of the Camera
The product is available in two variants in the Indian market.
|GFX50S II Body||रु 379,999|
|GFX50S II 35-70mm Kit||रु 449,999|
The camera will be available at all Fujifilm authorized dealers across India.