Twitter in India is testing out a new way to have conversations about your fleeting thoughts on the service – Fleets. They disappear after 24 hours and there aren’t any Likes, Retweets, or public replies. People can tap on their own avatar to start, add text or media and hit send. That’s it, that’s how one Fleets. Fleets will be available for everyone in India on Twitter for iOS and Android in the coming days in updated app versions.
Manish Maheshwari, MD, Twitter India: “India is important for Twitter since it is one of our largest and fastest-growing audience markets globally. We are excited to bring the Fleets experiment to India and make it one of the first three countries in the world to experience this new product. From the test in India, we’ll learn how adding a new mode of conversation changes the way Indians engage on Twitter. It’ll also be interesting to see if it further amplifies the diversity of usage by allowing people to share what they’re thinking in a way that is light-touch and light-hearted.”
Fleets from the accounts one follows are always right on top of one’s timeline. People can see who’s seen their Fleet by looking underneath a post. They can tap on someone’s avatar to see what the person has shared since they last were on Twitter. Alternatively, one can also find an account’s Fleets by looking on their profile page.
To create a new Fleet, follow these simple steps:
- Tap the avatar on the top left of your profile to create a new Fleet
- Start typing or tap a media icon to add photo/s or video/s
- Tap ‘Fleet’ to post
To view someone’s Fleet:
- Tap an avatar to see their latest Fleets
- Swipe down to see newer Fleets and up to see older Fleets
- Swipe left or right to see Fleets from other accounts you follow
To engage with your followers on Fleets:
- Buttons to reply and react are available when Direct Messages (DMs) are open
- Followers can reply privately via DM or quickly react with an emoji, and continue the conversation privately in DMs
- Replies and reactions will appear in DMs along with the Fleet they are responding to
People can also report a Fleet using the ‘…’ menu