New Delhi, India, November 11, 2014: UC Browser, India’s one of mobile browser with over 35% market share, has received a phenomenal response to the recently concluded “Diwali Shopping Festival” with 2.5 million unique shoppers availing the best shopping deals through price comparison across major e-commerce portals.
This is in sync with the latest report released by Digital Marketing Training Institute (DMTI), according to which, 61% Indians look for good deals before shopping online, 55% look for discounts and 54% said they can shop whenever they want.
The shopping marathon, “Diwali Shopping Festival” was the first in-depth cooperation of UC Browser with host of e-commerce partners such as Amazon, Snapdeal, Jabong, and Shopclues. By providing users with unique “Browse and Compare” feature, Diwali Shopping Festival enabled UC Browser users to compare item prices from all e-tailers just to find the best deals.
Commenting on the online shopping trend and success of ‘Diwali Shopping Festival’, Kenny Ye, Managing Director of UCWeb India said, “We found that Indian uses tend to compare prices across different shopping sites. That’s why we decided to come up with ‘Browse and Compare’ feature. Our users loved this feature and were able to browse and compare prices to get maximum savings. Going forward, we (UCWeb and the e-tailers) are going to work closely to provide more discounts to our users.”
Other highlights of the Digital Marketing Training Institute (DMTI) report:
• 12 percent of Indian population is into online transactions
• Consumers are more confident buying brands they have bought and used before
• Consumers in the age group of 18-25 are the main influencers for all online purchase decisions in the family
• The country’s e-commerce market to reach $56 billion by 2023
• Online grocery retail is slowly growing, and is expected to reach around 2% of the market by 2020, creating a potential market size of around $10 billion.
With the success of Diwali shopping festival, UC Browser will continue its focus on strengthening its strategic partnerships with e-commerce players to provide its users a great all-in-one shopping experience. Users will continue finding the best discounts and offers and a smooth mobile shopping experience on UC Browser for Android and Windows phone.