New Delhi, India, June 17, 2014: Cox & Kings Ltd, the oldest established travel company in the world since 1758, has completed its implementation of Oracle WebCenter Content to streamline the management of its enterprise-wide unstructured content.
With the travel industry booming, Cox & Kings was seeing unprecedented growth in the amount of unstructured content that was being generated both internally & externally through e-mails, documents, reports, presentations, images, audio and video files among other information. With Oracle WebCenter Content, Cox & Kings employees are now able to better manage content as a strategic asset and integrate it into other enterprise applications and business processes. Over 1,000 employees across all major functions, including HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Legal are now using the solution to do their jobs better.
The Oracle solution helped the company lower cost, reduce risk and improve their business productivity and agility. “We see a clear opportunity to create value through better management and use of unstructured content. We needed a platform that was comprehensive, simple, pre-integrated and future-proof, and found that only Oracle WebCenter Content checked all these boxes,” said Viral Gandhi, Chief Information Officer, Cox & Kings. “Overall, this deployment is strategically aligned with our corporate vision and is expected to pay rich dividends over a long period”, he added.
“We are very happy that Cox & Kings found Oracle WebCenter Content as the best choice for their business among the many options available, and we are confident that this deployment will generate a lot of value for Cox & Kings,” said Sanjay Gupta, Vice President, Fusion Middleware, Oracle India.
Turning Content into a Strategic Business Advantage
Some of the key benefits that Cox & Kings has witnessed with the Oracle WebCenter Content implementation include:
- Ability to minimize content duplication, while enabling easy access to information and effective reuse of content
- Effective and efficient capturing, securing, sharing, management and distribution of digital and paper-based documents, reports and images
- Intelligent document extraction, a more robust content management infrastructure and better operational efficiencies by streamlining communications and automating routine tasks
- Ability to secure confidential documents through IRM (Information Rights Management) integration
- Retention and disposal of information, allowing the company to define, manage, and execute records and retention policies for all enterprise content from a single application
- Cost reduction related to the creation, management, and storage of business documents.
- Ability to store, find, view, and use digital assets and rich media quickly and easily
- Governance and auditing capabilities needed to minimize the risks and costs associated with regulatory and legal compliance
The implementation is completely aligned with Cox & Kings’ vision of making the company the global leader in the travel and tourism space. Cox & Kings has been using Oracle WebCenter since 2009 and upgraded to the latest version in August 2013.
Oracle WebCenter Content provides organizations with a unified repository to house unstructured content, and deliver it to business users in the desirable format. It is the most complete and open Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform that enables organizations to integrate and implement a solution with the lowest total cost of ownership.