Citrix Systems is expanding its network protection capabilities. The company announced that it is collaborating with global cybersecurity player Palo Alto Networks to enable easy deployment and management of next-generation firewalls within Citrix SD-WAN, providing companies with added layers of security to protect their assets at branches and beyond.
Chalan Aras, Vice President, SD-WAN and Intelligent Traffic Management, Citrix, said, “Applications and workloads are migrating to the cloud at a very aggressive rate and security needs to follow them. With Palo Alto Networks, we can deliver an advanced SD-WAN security solution that enables companies to protect users, data and applications across branches, data centers and public clouds in a simple, flexible way.”
WAN Edge Networking Simplified
Citrix SD-WAN is a next-generation WAN Edge solution that delivers the automated, secure connectivity required to optimize performance of applications and drive a superior user experience. With the integration of the Palo Alto Networks VM-Series virtual next-generation firewalls and Prisma Access with the Citrix SD-WAN solution, distributed enterprises can enhance their network and cloud protection in a straightforward, cost-effective manner.
Leveraging Citrix SD-WAN Orchestrator for unified management and control, IT organizations can:
- Build and enforce consistent access control policies based on applications and users across network and cloud
- Automate provisioning of Palo Alto Networks VM-Series next-generation firewall (NGFW) on the Citrix 1100 appliance, as a virtual network function (VNF)
- Automate connections to Palo Alto Networks Prisma Access cloud-based firewalls for consistent policy enforcement
- Streamline provisioning of multi-layer security services from Citrix SD-WAN Orchestrator, available via Citrix Cloud
- Apply security zone segmentation to protect users, applications, and data
Adam Geller, senior vice president, Products, Palo Alto Networks, said, “In today’s hybrid, multi-cloud world, security needs to be as agile as your applications, data and users. Together with Citrix, we can deliver an integrated set of products that provide a consistent level of protection to users across the network and both public and private clouds.”