New Delhi, India, May 13, 2015: Amazon.in hosted The Amazon Great Indian Summer Sale between 6th – 8th May, 2015 offering customers Block Buster Deals across hundreds of categories and products. Amazon.in also rolled out the ‘Pehle App’ initiative where customers shopping on the Amazon Shopping app received exclusive app only deals plus an early access to blockbuster deals.
“We are thrilled with the interest and excitement ‘The Amazon Great Indian Summer Sale’ generated among customers from across the country. 6th May 2015 was the biggest day ever for Amazon.in -it was bigger than the two previous big days (October 10th & October 21, 2014) put together in a single day. The response has been unprecedented and far exceeds our expectation. Millions of customers benefitted with our ‘Pehle App’ offering and enjoyed exclusive app only deals and an early access to blockbuster deals,” said Samir Kumar, Director Category Management, Amazon India.
“It is humbling to see the unprecedented response to ‘The Amazon Great Indian Summer Sale’ from customers across India. With over 500% growth in new customers on mobile with Amazon ranked as the No. 1 app, 40% increase in new customers from the smaller cities, a 6X growth in our seller club with INR 1 crore+ sales and overwhelming traffic during the event, the ease of shopping, trust and convenience of the Amazon platform delighted customers and sellers alike,” says Amit Agarwal, Country Manager & VP, Amazon India.
Key highlights of Amazon Great Indian Summer Sale:
- 6th May 2015, Day 1 of The Amazon Great Indian Summer Sale was the biggest ever, surpassing the previous crescendo of (October 10th & October 21, 2014) put together in one single day
- 5X growth in the number of units sold
- The total number of new mobile customers grew by 6X
- The Amazon Shopping app ranked at no. 1 on both Android and iOS during the event
- The number of first time customers on Amazon.in jumped by 5X and over 40% of these were from outside the top eight metros
- Top 5 Tier 2/ Tier 3 cities were Pune, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Surat, Vizag, Coimbatore, Nagpur, Vadodra
- Tier 2/ Tier 3 cities like Indore, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Jabalpur, Gwalior witnessed over 50% adoption from first time shoppers
- Top 5 departments in terms of growth were Large Appliances (7X growth), Home & Kitchen Products (7X growth), Apparel, Handbags and Shoes (6X growth). In addition Consumer Electronics and Sunglasses grew by over 5X
- The event also saw a surge in demand for some of the recent departments launched on Amazon.in like Automotive (4X growth), Lawn & Garden (4X growth), Musical Instruments (3X growth) and Office Supplies (3X growth)
- Grocery and Gourmet Foods grew by over 3X during the event
- Snacks category grew by 5x driven by Dry fruits (12x) and Biscuits (9x)
- Coffee category had a growth of 15x
- Nescafe Gold (100x growth ), Borges California Walnuts (50x growth) and Britannia Chunkies (10x growth) witnessed high demand from customers across the country
- Thai Cuisine and Organic Food products too performed exceptionally well
- Amazon.in’s seller club with INR 1 crore+ sales grew by 6X
- Amazon.in’s seller club with INR 10 crore+ sales grew by 3X
© Technuter.com News Service