Chennai, India, February 20, 2015: Lebara, the universal brand for the world’s migrant community, is expanding its mobile services into new markets with the launch of Lebara Talk. Convenience is at the core of the free-to-download voice and messaging app, with cash top-up a key feature. By doubling the existing number of local stores offering cash top-up, Lebara is rapidly scaling its personal approach, while also offering the option to top up online or in-app.
Available for smartphones on Android and iOS, Lebara Talk launches initially in English, Mandarin, Arabic, Italian, Spanish and Indonesian, with free credit on download for every customer.
On Lebara Talk’s unique attributes, Yoganathan Ratheesan, Chairman and CEO of Lebara Group, said, “From experience we know that not everyone has access to a bank account, which is why we partner with local stores who provide a cash top-up option. We’ve adopted this same approach with Lebara Talk to make the app as universally accessible as possible.”
Key features of Lebara Talk are:
- Convenience: Locate and top up in your local store with cash or card, as well as in-app or online.
- Simplicity: Works across all networks with no need to switch SIM card.
- Transparency: Check rates before you make a call so you know what you’re spending on low cost international calls.
- Discounts: Save further with Super Savers to the places you call regularly.
- Reliability: Experience a clearer conversation with friends and relatives thanks to HD-quality calls over WiFi.
- Free conversations: Chat to other Lebara Talk app users at zero cost.
Commenting on the launch, Ratheesan explained, “Everyday we are committed to helping people unite across borders, generations and cultures. The insight we gain from this, combined with recent research confirming that Lebara has relevance, scale and consumer trust, gives us the added confidence to embark on this new and exciting chapter.”
Download the free Lebara Talk app today from the App Store or Google Play, or visit Lebara.com/talk http://www.lebara.com/global/en/lebara-has/services/talk for more information.