London, U.K., September 26, 2014: 5app, a mobile enterprise enablement company, has announced the launch of an integrated app Build Service as part of its enterprise app store platform. 5app’s Build Service can be used by anyone with traditional web development and design skills to create custom apps for iOS and Android. As well as making it even easier to develop custom apps, the new service also simplifies their deployment by providing a test and publishing environment within the 5app enterprise app store.
The Build Service is available as part of 5app’s Premium Platform which is offered on a free 60 day trial, then at a monthly cost of £2.50 per user thereafter.
Stuart Mason, 5app Chief Executive Officer explains,“5app is investing over £3 million in the development of online software tools, such as our Build Service, to fill a growing gap in the market for simple, quick-to-deploy mobile app management (MAM) solutions targeted at mid-tier enterprises. It’s all about reducing risk, cost and complexity, allowing companies to use existing resources and skills to build, manage and deploy apps securely to employees.”
With its integrated Build Service, 5app Premium now offers users the ability to:
- Create a secure app store to provide employees with a directory of work related mobile apps, all easy to find, in one place.
- Curate publicly available apps (from both iTunes & Google Play store) to save time and reduce risk from employees self-serving their own apps.
- Upload privately developed apps that are then securely published to employees.
- Build company apps in-house using HTML and streamline development by rapidly iterating versions.
- Test apps in a secure environment by placing them in a testing store for feedback, before publishing to the live enterprise store.
5app is planning further enhancements to its Premium platform over the next few months. The next anticipated roll-out includes analytics tools which could boost mobile enterprise efficiency by enabling IT managers to better understand how apps are being downloaded and used across employee devices.