Bangalore, India, March 26, 2015: Texas Instruments (TI) has unveiled TI Precision Labs, the electronics industry’s first comprehensive online classroom for analog engineers. The on-demand courses pair theory and applied lab exercises to deepen the technical expertise of experienced engineers and accelerate the development of those early in their careers.
The free, modular curriculum includes more than 30 hands-on trainings and lab videos covering analog amplifier design considerations with online coursework. View TI Precision Labs – Op Amp course offerings and enroll: www.ti.com/precisionlabs-pr.
TI Precision Labs incorporates a variety of tools to bring the online training experience to life. A TI Precision Labs – Op Amp Evaluation Module (TI-PLABS-AMP-EVM), which is available for purchase for US$199, provides the opportunity for engineers to complete each demonstrated learning activity along with the trainer. The curriculum also provides access to free design tools, such as TI Designs reference designs and TI’s TINA-TI SPICE model simulator.
Engineers can evaluate circuits and small-signal AC performance created during the trainings with National Instruments’ (NI) VirtualBench™ all-in-one instrument and TI’s Bode Analyzer Software for VirtualBench, as well as standard engineering bench equipment.
“By combining TI Precision Labs and VirtualBench, TI and NI are providing a more immersive and accessible way to learn and apply analog concepts,” said Chad Chesney, director of data acquisition marketing at NI. “Viewing and interacting with multiple instruments in a single, intuitive user interface provides a better understanding of real-world design performance.”
Key features and benefits of TI Precision Labs:
- Experiential learning applies theory to real-world, hands-on examples with lab demonstration videos.
- A customized learning environment provides recommended training tracks on topics such as noise, bandwidth and input/output swing, while enabling engineers to pick and choose courses based on individual needs and interests.
- Accelerated learning for recent graduates eases the transition from undergraduate theoretical-based learning to real-world designing.
- Robust learning materials include a downloadable presentation workbook and lab manual, as well as TI’s Analog Engineer’s Pocket Reference, which puts commonly used board- and system-level formulas at your fingertips.
- Expert support:A TI Precision Labs support forum is available on the TI E2E Community to answer questions resulting from the training.