Bangalore, India, Aug 12, 2014: Analog Devices India (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal processing applications, is conducting a live webinar on the EMC compliant solutions for RS-485 communication ports.
The webinar will primarily focus on the RS-485, industry’s first EMC compliant interface design tool that provides up to Level 4 protection levels for IEC61000-4-2 ESD, IEC61000-4-4 EFT and IEC61000-4-5 surge. The webinar will also elaborate on each of the IEC main transient types and also demonstrate three different EMC compliant solutions for three different cost or protection levels on RS-485 communication ports.
In real-time scenario, events such as lightning strikes, power induction, direct contact, power source fluctuations, inductive switching, and electrostatic discharge can severely damage RS-485 transceivers by generating large transient voltages. Hence, the designers need to be safeguard that the equipment works not only under ideal conditions but also in the practical conditions. To overcome these challenges, EMC regulations play a vital role and complying with them can ensure that designs will operate in the desired manner even under adverse environments.
The webinar will be conducted on Thursday, 21st Aug 2014 at 05.30 PM India Standard Time (IST). Please register using the online registration link.
- Register for Webinar on “Guarding RS485 communication networks from harmful EMC events” at https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/343071455
- Learn more about Analog Devices in India at www.analog.com/india
- Join the EngineerZone community at http://ez.analog.com
- Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AnalogDevicesInc
- Follow Analog Devices on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ADI_News