Unisys Corporation has announced today a series of security-related milestones as the company continues to drive leadership in IT security software and services through its award-winning Unisys Stealth software.
- Approval of Unisys Stealth from the U.S. National Security Agency’s (NSA) Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) program, opening the door to U.S. federal agencies to purchase Unisys Stealth within composite solutions that protect classified systems and data. Unisys Stealth was concurrently certified by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) as among the products eligible for use by governments in more than 20 countries to protect their most sensitive systems and information. NIAP certification, established by the NSA and the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology, is recognized by governments in countries such as Australia, Canada, Germany, India, Malaysia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom (the UK).
- The selection of Unisys Stealth by the Yorkshire Building Society Group (YBSG), the UK’s second largest building society, to provide its Unisys Stealth data protection product to secure customer information and facilitate compliance with the new Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). Under the terms of the five-year agreement, YBSG will use Unisys Stealth to micro-segment its network to create secure communities of interest (COIs), consisting of YBSG colleagues and systems that have been authorized to handle customer data.
- An expansion of the Unisys suite of managed security service offerings to include technology from LogRhythm, a leader in security intelligence and analytics. Unisys has integrated LogRhythm’ s next generation security intelligence services into the core of its global network of security operations centers, as well as with Unisys Stealth, to increase protections and efficiencies for clients from growing risks associated with cyber threats.
“The security solutions that Unisys brings to market are helping commercial and governmental enterprises around the world protect their data and systems from both cyber and physical attacks,” said Inder M. Singh, chief strategy and marketing officer for Unisys. “Embedding security into everything we do is core to what distinguishes Unisys in the IT spectrum, and today’s announcements build on our market momentum while signaling our continued focus on driving leadership in this critical market segment.”
Product Leadership, Key Deployment Agreements
Unisys Stealth uses identity-based, micro-segmentation techniques and encryption to create segments within an organization’s IT environment where only authorized users can access information, while those without authorization cannot even see that these endpoints exist. If an unauthorized user gets into the organization, Stealth cryptographically contains their access to a single segment of the network, with no access to move laterally to other parts of the organization.
Unisys has announced agreements this year for Stealth to be available for enterprise use on the world’s two largest cloud computing platforms as measured by market share – making it the only such solution to be available on both platforms:
- Stealth for Azure – Unisys announced the availability of Unisys Stealth(cloud) for Microsoft Azure to seamlessly deliver award-winning Stealth micro-segmentation security from clients’ enterprises to Azure, thus enabling a highly-secure, hybrid cloud environment.
- Stealth for AWS – Unisys announced it is providing enterprises with the award-winning Unisys Stealth micro-segmentation security solution on the Amazon Web Services Cloud, available for clients to immediately acquire and deploy from the AWS Marketplace.
@Technuter.com News Service