Amazon.in launches the best-in-class Amazon Seller App in India
New Delhi, India, March 05, 2015: Amazon.in has introduced its best-in-class mobile app – the Amazon Seller App – for its seller base in India. With unique features like facilitating direct buyer-seller communication, order notification, order details, shipment confirmation of seller shipped orders and order fulfilment notifications, the Amazon Seller App will revolutionise the way in which millions of sellers across India can efficiently manage their businesses on the on-the-go, using their mobile devices.
The Amazon Seller app makes it easy and convenient than ever before for sellers to quickly update inventory, source and list new items on Amazon.in and respond faster to customer queries. Sellers are also able to view their sales summary for the same day, week to date and month to date, all at the touch of a button and thus evolve their sales strategy and grow profitably on the platform.
Globally, sellers using the Amazon Seller App have reported that they have a 30% faster response time to customer inquiries and grow listed offers nearly 10 times faster. Amazon.in has customised this best-in-class mobile app to address the unique business conditions of sellers in India by allowing listings of only new products and integrating the EasyShip in-browser experience.
“Our experience of the past 20+ months has shown us that entrepreneurs and business owners in India are exploring ways to manage their businesses from their mobile devices as they value the flexibility that comes with these devices. Our revolutionary seller app responds to this need by combining a user-friendly interface with the unique tools and data from our Seller Central platform to a mobile device, providing immediate access to account information, customer support and inventory management tools,” says Mr. Amit Deshpande, Director & General Manager Seller Services, Amazon India. “The market penetration of smartphones in India far outweighs PC penetration. We believe that this app will accelerate the online marketplace opportunity for millions of sellers in India including mobile-only users,” he adds.
Sellers on Amazon.in can use the Amazon Seller App to:
- Update Inventory: Search, sort and filter inventory items; Update prices and quantities on- the-go from mobile device
- Confirm Orders: Receive notifications of new orders, review orders details, and confirm shipment on-the-go
- Source New Items to Sell: Sellers can check current prices, sales rank and customer reviews of items on Amazon.in using text search or scanning barcodes
- Estimate the profitability of the items before they are listed for sale: Sellers can add the product cost information to see the estimated profitability of their items for both Seller Fulfilled and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) fees
- List New Items to Sell: This feature enables sellers to create new listing on Amazon.in quickly and easily from their mobile devices
- Respond to Customers : Sellers can provide great customer service by responding to customer questions quickly from their mobile device
- Access Support from Amazon: Have a question for Amazon.in? Registered sellers can use the app to contact seller support via email or phone call-back support. Sellers can also provide feedback about the app directly to Amazon from within the app.
Additionally, the Amazon Seller App allows for the seller to directly communicate with the buyers. The seller gets a push notification when a buyer sends him a message and he / she can respond accordingly. Sellers can thus use the app to get feedback from customers anytime and anywhere and work towards delivering a great customer experience.
Along with these features, the app also allows sellers to get important account related notifications, monitor the status of FBA inbound shipments sent to Amazon warehouse, and remotely monitor their inventory to ensure an optimal level of product availability.
“Amazon Seller App is very unique as the app has enabled us to monitor the pricing as well as the order inflow of our business every minute. And that allows us to take business decisions on price variations or introducing new offers very fast. It really helped me, to bring back the sagging orders on a given particular day. We could correct the pricing and ensure we regained very fast and I am talking about the time when I was travelling. With the communications interface, the app has helped in escalation reduction by 40% since its use. The app comprehensively covers every aspect and helped us to stay on top of business and operations,” says Mr. Sadagopan Sweka of 3S International who used the new Amazon Seller App during its pilot phase
The Amazon Seller App is available free for all sellers, and needs only a sellers’ registration on Amazon.in to operate. The app is currently available for Android and iOS devices and can be downloaded from Google Play Store, Apple iTunes Store and the Amazon Appstore