Mumbai, India, June 1, 2015: Vuclip, the leading premium mobile video on demand (VOD) service for emerging markets, has today released its Global Video Insights (GVI) from a survey it conducted of more than 8,500 users spanning the emerging markets of India, the Middle East, South East Asia and Africa. The survey responses reveal a growing propensity among mobile video consumers to view and navigate videos in their native languages on a single over-the-top (OTT) mobile app that also enables them to consume international content at length.
Key Insights of the Vuclip GVI Survey Relevant to India
Localized Content takes Centre Stage
- Though movies and television shows account for around 80% of the International content consumed on the Vuclip platform, 78% of Vuclip viewers in India have shown preference to watching content in their native language.
- Hindi videos constitute over 40% of viewership traffic in India. Videos in languages such as Tamil (8%) Telugu (6%) Bengali (4%) and Marathi (4%) are also seeing increased traction.
Preference for an ‘All in One’ Mobile Video App that Speaks the Viewer’s Language
- 80% of survey respondents in India weighed in strongly that they preferred a single over-the-top (OTT) app for finding both regional and international video content.
- 79% of survey respondents in India indicated their preference for mobile video apps to enable better video discovery through navigation in native languages.
Key Insights of the Vuclip GVI Survey Relevant to Other Emerging Markets
- Thailand (88%) and Indonesia (87%) registered the highest preference for ‘Localized’ mobile video content, while Malaysia (64%) registered the lowest among the markets surveyed.
- Navigation in native languages was considered most important in countries such as Indonesia (89%), Egypt (87%) and Thailand (86%).
- Respondents in Indonesia (91%), Kenya (90%) and Nigeria (90%) considered an aggregated mobile video platform/ app important for accessing international and local content rather than downloading multiple apps.
Commenting on the survey insights, Arun Prakash, COO, Vuclip said, “A diversified content catalogue coupled with an unparalleled viewing experience is what the mobile video viewer wants and what Vuclip has been successfully delivering over the last 7 years. The insights validate the importance of catering to the diverse entertainment needs of our subscribers from Asia to Africa. Creating a strong video library backed by gamut of content in regional languages would play a key role in broadening the subscriber base of VOD players.”
© Technuter.com News Service