Redmi 1S registration opens on August 26th at 6pm on Flipkart
New Delhi, India, August 26, 2014: Mi India, one of the fastest growing mobile Internet companies in India, today announced that its second smartphone release, the Redmi 1S, will be on sale from 2pm on September 2nd at Rs 5,999/- and pre-registrations for device will begin on August 26th at 6pm exclusively through its e-commerce partner, Flipkart. The Redmi 1S will be available only to those who have registered by midnight on September 1st at www.flipkart.com/Mi and they will be eligible to purchase the phone from September 2nd onwards.
The Redmi 1S will be supported by Xiaomi’s 35+ service centres across India including two exclusive Mi service centres in Delhi and Bangalore to ensure a robust after-sale service and a hassle-free customer experience, with four more exclusive Mi service centres coming online in the next 2 months in Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad and Mumbai.
Redmi 1S specifications:
- 4.7-inch 1280 x 720 (HD) IPS display delivers superfine text and crisp photos.
- AGC Dragontrail scratch-resistant glass
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with Cortex-A7 core for amazing performance with great battery life with and an Antutu benchmark score above 21,000
- 1 GB RAM, 8GB internal flash memory with external microSD slot that supports up to 64 GB
- Dual SIM – WCDMA slot for 3G data and GSM slot for 2G
- 8MP rear camera with ƒ/2.2 aperture for 1080p video recording and a front 1.6MP camera
Talking about the Redmi 1S, Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi Global, said, “The Redmi 1S is the first phone of the Redmi family made available in India. It offers the best quality and user experience and at a very affordable price point. The device offers a great 720p HD screen, an 8MP camera that delivers superfine quality images, great battery life and a range of software features as part of MIUI v5 that will make every Redmi 1S owner very happy. ”
Manu Jain, India Operations Head, Xiaomi, said “We are excited to provide a device that delivers a great user experience at an incredibly affordable price point of INR 5,999/-. We will continue to work on proving users with incredible value, and the best customer experience possible in the days ahead.”