redBus.in launched a dropping point feature on its android application (iOS and Windows to follow soon). This new feature will recommend the closest dropping point to minimize the time taken to reach your destination and help you avoid getting lost.
CEO of redBus.in Prakash Sangam said, “Many bus travelers are unsure of where to get off the bus especially in an unfamiliar city. To solve for this pain-point, redBus has come up with the feature of recommending the dropping point based on the final destination of the traveler in that city. This feature will provide valuable information to our customers and help improve their bus travel experience. At present, more than 200 buses have this feature with many more in the works.”
With the help of this integration; redBus users will be able to see the route the bus had taken in the last couple of journeys between the 2 cities and also recommend a dropping point based on the destination chosen by the customer. The feature also allows the user to save his final destination.
redBus explains the feature below :
1. Access the feature by tapping on your active ticket or from ‘Booking Confirmation’ page.
2. Tap on the dropping point icon mentioned in your ticket to search and save your dropping point. Please note this feature will only be active if the bus you are travelling on has Live Tracking enabled on it.
3. Type in where you want to go in the city – the red dots show the locations on which the bus stopped on its last few journeys.
4. Upon searching for your destination (shown in green) it will tell you where you should ideally get off and how far you are from the closest dropping point. You can navigate to your destination or even save this in your phone which can be edited later on in case your destination has changed.
5. For e.g. if you select Jubilee Hill as your destination, it shows the distance from all the dropping points to your destination.
6. After selecting the dropping point you can save it for future reference.
7. Finally, your dropping point is saved and you know where you need to get off by looking at this last screen on the application.