Bengaluru, India, February 3, 2015: ESPNcricinfo, the world’s leading digital cricket brand, today launched a newer version of its mobile app with added features. With the World Cup 2015 tournament just around the corner, the app will feature content related to the tournament. The app can be downloaded on iOS and Android powered devices enabling cricket fans to access their favorite sport anytime, anywhere.
Quick facts on the redesigned app:
• A completely redesigned app from the bottom up with an intuitive and easy to use user interface – the fastest ESPNcricinfo app so far
• Exclusive content related to the Cricket World Cup and coverage of the event
• Matches page with calendar and rich enhanced filters to access all matches
• Feeling nostalgic? Check the match archives that let you access scores from matches across years
• Summary view in commentary to get instant access to ball by ball updates of the entire match for that snappy mobile experience
• Support for widgets on iOS 8
• View cricket cards on Google Now in Android
The app will continue to be the one-stop shop for fans to find all things on cricket. The new version comes with a refreshed look, user-friendly interface and provides new features to offer quick and relevant content. Keeping in mind people’s passion and love for the sport, the app intensifies user engagement and offers opportunity for the brand to engage with fans.
Speaking about the app, Ramesh Kumar, Head of ESPNcricinfo and ESPN Digital Media India said, “The surge in usage of mobile as a primary digital content engagement platform in the recent years puts the onus on digital media owners to continuously innovate on the content type, delivery and engagement experience of users on mobile. ESPNcricinfo being a frontrunner in the digital space with more than two decades of constant innovation and pioneering initiatives renews further its focus on mobile to ensure cricket fans receive best-in class experience anytime, anywhere. This cricketing season, the new and improved version of the ESPNcricinfo app will continue to delight fans with its new features while offering a unique experience.”