Vodafone India has announced the expansion of its next generation, high speed 4G network in Mumbai to the residential and business corridors of Thane and Kalyan district. On Feb 10, Vodafone had commenced the roll-out of its 4G services in Mumbai and since then has been gradually expanding its coverage across the entire city in a phased manner. The roll-out will be completed across all parts of Mumbai including the Eastern suburbs & New Mumbai license areas by end March 2016. Besides Mumbai, Vodafone 4G services are already present in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata and Delhi & NCR.
Built on the efficient 1800 MHz band, this state-of-the-art network will enable Vodafone 4G customers to access internet via mobile with speeds across a range of smart devices including Mobile Wi-Fi& dongles. Vodafone 4Gservices can be readily accessed from 4G enabled handsets.
Vodafone 4G will significantly enhance the mobile internet experience for customers with faster download/upload of videos and music, seamless video chats and will also facilitate greater ease in using their favorite apps. Customers will also adore features like high definition video streaming, mobile gaming and two-way video calling.
Vodafone’s 4G service in Thane and Kalyan district of Mumbai is built on a strong fibre backhaul of 100G, and is supported by its superfast 3G services on a new and modern network. With this launch, Vodafone is now uniquely positioned to offer in Mumbai,2G/3G/4Gservices on its own state of the art, convergent radio technology.
Leveraging its global network and experience, Vodafone is also the first and only telecom service provider to currently offer international roaming on 4G to its India customers visiting Ireland, New Zealand , Czech Republic, Greece, South Africa, Albania, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, UK, Germany, Romania, Spain and Netherlands with many more countries to be launched in coming weeks.
Announcing the expansion of Vodafone’s 4G service in Thane and Kalyan district, Ishmeet Singh, Business Head –Mumbai, Vodafone India said, “Mumbai is a strong leadership market for Vodafone India with data contributing around 30% of total revenues. We are proud and delighted to bring our 4G services to Thane and Kalyan districts of Mumbai which constitute over 20% of our customer base. 4G has the potential to revolutionize the mobile experience through powerful innovation that impacts how we work and live. With this launch, majority of Mumbai is covered with 4G and we will soon expand it to Eastern suburbs and Navi Mumbai areas to complete roll-out by end March 2016. The initial response from customers using our 4G services in Mumbai has been positive and encouraging and we invite the data savvy customers in Thane and Kalyan to make the most of the bonanza of special benefits being offered and enjoy the best mobile internet experience. As a steadfast partner of Digital India, we remain focused on deploying multiple technologies –be it 2G, 3G and now 4G-for optimum use as each technology has its own vital role to play in servicing the myriad connectivity needs of consumers across the country. ”
Vodafone 4G services are present in 5 circles of Kerala, Karnataka, Mumbai, Delhi& NCR and Kolkata, which today contribute close to 50% of Vodafone India data revenues.
Vodafone’s customers in Thane and Kalyan districts of Mumbai have a bonanza of special benefits to enjoy the4G experience seamlessly. This includes:
- FREE upgrade to 4G for customers along with high-speed 4G SIM
- 100% extra data for postpaid Vodafone 4G customers on RED and greater than 1GB packs for postpaid & prepaid customers for select MRPs
- Enjoy 3 months complimentary subscription to TV, Movies & Music on VODAFONE PLAY as part of your Vodafone 4G
- 100+ Live TV channels
- HOOQ, Asia’s biggest video-on-demand service, offers customers a diverse and expansive selection of over 35,000 hours of movies and TV series with hot favorites and award-winning series such as Ash vs. Evil Dead, Friends, Nikita, Fringe and awesome blockbusters, The Matrix, Spider-Man, The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.
- HUNGAMA PLAY, leading entertainment destination with over 7,500 movie titles
- VODAFONE MUSIC, stream your favorite music from over 1.2Mn songs
- Array of data packs ranging from a trial pack of 75MB atRs. 26 to a special bonanza pack of 20GB at Rs 3297
- 4G Mobile Wi-Fi that supports connectivity for up to 10 devices
Seamless customer experience
- Instant SIM swap at all Vodafone stores and select retail outlets
- Vodafone subscribers can also check if their SIM / Phone is 4G compatible by sending an SMS <4GCHECK> to 199
- Request for 4G SIM by calling the call centre or sending an SMS <4GSIM to 199>
- Door-step delivery of postpaid 4G SIMs next day itself(for requests received before 7:00pm the previous day)
Mumbai is a focus and significant growth market for Vodafone India. To cater to the growing volumes of customer usage increasing need for speed, the company invested overRs.1000 Cr in FY16 to expand, modernize and building a more technology and energy efficient network. In Mumbai, Vodafone has a large retail footprint with 208 exclusive Vodafone stores(56large retail format and 152 Mini Stores) spread across prominent localities in the city, making it convenient for customers to access Vodafone’s products and services within their neighborhood.
Technuter.com News Service