Vodafone Idea launched its TurboNet 4G in Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad where it has successfully integrated the Vodafone and Idea networks. Pune and PCMC is the biggest territory for the operator in its flagship Maharashtra & Goa circle where it has the largest base of over 4 Cr subscribers.
TurboNet 4G Advantage
• Turbo network: state of the art 4G LTE network with dual spectrum power offering higher capacity and coverage
• Enhanced network capabilities: deployment of new age, 5G ready technologies including 4G on 900 MHz, Spectrum Re-farming, M-MIMO and Small Cells
• High Speed downloads/uploads: a fast and seamless mobile internet experience with minimal latency; Ookla verified
• Enhanced experience: high definition streaming of music, videos, chats, mobile gaming and two-way video calling with faster response time
• Rich content: enjoy Live TV, News, HD movies on-demand, videos and music across genres with Vodafone Play/Idea Movies and TV appThe launch of Vodafone Idea TurboNet 4G follows the successful completion of its radio network integration and the deployment of new age technologies such as Massive-MIMO, 4G on 900 MHz and Small Cells to further boost network capacity and coverage across large parts of the region.
TurboNet 4G is now available to Vodafone and Idea customers in the cities of Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad, in addition to Nashik, Nagpur, Ahmednagar, Baramati, Beed, Karad, Gondiya, Ratnagiri and in the Districts of Osmanabad, Hingoli, Nandurbar, Parbhani, Bhandara, Wardha, Yavatmal & Washim, in Maharashtra & Goa circle.
Speaking on the occasion Rajendra Chourasia, Business Head – Maharashtra & Goa, Vodafone Idea Limited said “With our continued commitment to provide the best possible customer experience in Maharashtra & Goa circle, we have now made the Vodafone Idea network in Pune and PCMC, stronger and faster with better indoor coverage on TurboNet 4G. As we rapidly roll out TurboNet 4G to other towns and cities, over 4 crore Vodafone Idea customers across 37 districts of Maharashtra and Goa will enjoy a strong unified network and rich digital content.”
The integrated Vodafone Idea network in Maharashtra is now bigger, stronger & faster. With 1973 sites in Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad, the coverage for Vodafone and Idea brands has increased by 37 percent and 44 percent respectively.
According to Vishant Vora, Chief Technology Officer, Vodafone Idea Ltd., “Superior network experience has always been our prime focus as we integrate and modernize the network to build a robust, future ready 4G+ network. Additionally, with the deployment of best in class technology, we continue to materially enhance data capacity and improve data speeds in the integrated markets. TurboNet truly defines the reinvented 4G network which promises to deliver wider coverage, increased capacity, turbo speeds and superior customer experience. Our unified network is being presented to customers of both brands under a single brand proposition – TurboNet 4G – in all the integrated markets in India. So, whether you are a Vodafone or Idea customer, your network is now bigger, stronger and better.”
Vodafone Idea’s TurboNet 4G is being rolled out across the country over the last year. The network integration exercise is continuing at a rapid pace with 86% of districts in India already consolidated.
To integrate and optimize the network across markets, seamlessly, war rooms have been set-up at national and circle levels to monitor and manage network performance on a real time basis led by a 24/7 functioning world-class SNOC (Super Network Operating Centre) in Pune.