Ajmer, India, January 12, 2016: Airtel has announced the launch of its high speed 4G services in the city of Ajmer in Rajasthan. The launch of Airtel 4G in Ajmer marks the rollout of Rajasthan’s first 4G service, and will be extended to customers in other parts of the state during the weeks to come. With Airtel 4G, customers can experience high speed wireless broadband on Airtel 4G and get on to the digital superhighway to enjoy uninterrupted HD video streaming, superfast uploading and downloading of movies, music and images. Airtel 4G is available to customers across a range of smart devices including mobile phones, dongles, 4G hotspots and Wi-Fi dongles.
Commenting on launch of Airtel 4G, Manoj Murali, CEO – Rajasthan, Bharti Airtel said, “As customers in Rajasthan show an increasing propensity for consuming data services, we at Airtel are excited to launch 4G services in Ajmer and take the lead in introducing customers in Rajasthan to their first ever experience of blazing 4G speeds. We recently launched “Project Leap”, our national network transformation drive, and are committed to augmenting our 4G presence to more regions across the state and deliver a compelling network experience for our customers in Rajasthan – now and in years to come”.
Customers can leverage a host of strategic initiatives by Airtel as part of its national 4G rollout:
- 4G at 3G prices: Airtel customers can enjoy 4G at 3G data prices with prepaid packs starting at INR 21. In addition, with every 4G SIM swap, Airtel is offering 1GB 4G data plans as a limited period offer for its prepaid customers using 4G compatible devices on SIM swap.
Seamless customer experience
- Instant SIM swap in minutes
- SMS SIM <20-digit SIM Number> to 121 from your Airtel mobile
- Reply 1 to confirmation SMS and wait for phone to get disconnected from network
- Insert 4G SIM, switch on handset- select LTE in network settings
- Free Home delivery of SIMs – http://www.airtel.in/4g/sim-swap
Innovative alliances and faster customer acquisition
- Alliance with Flipkart: Numerous 4G devices on Flipkart are now bundled and delivered with Airtel 4G SIMs. Customers can choose from a range of 4G devices (from brands like Samsung, Xiaomi, Motorola, Lenovo, Asus and Huawei) and enjoy a host of attractive Airtel 4G data benefits
- Alliance with device players: Customers can also enjoy a special 4G double data offer on the purchase of select 4G handsets
Airtel has led the 4G story in India, having launched India’s first 4G network in Kolkata in April 2012. Today, there are over 350 towns across India that enjoy Airtel’s 4G services. Prior to that, Airtel had successfully conducted trials of its 4G services in select cities and leveraged feedback from customers towards strengthening its service experience.