MUMBAI / BANGALORE, India – February 25, 2014: Apical, distributor for solution based product line, today launched the RC-M4SP SMART 4-Bay USB 3.0 RAID System from dataTale. The dataTale SMART 4-Bay RAID series are the perfect solutions for those requiring a massive storage system with user-friendly operations. With just a few push of small buttons, the LCM display allows fundamental RAID operations and system status monitor, including inserted hard drives and the RAID system.
The SMART 4-Bay RAID Systems provide powerful storage management under JBOD (None RAID), RAID 0 (Striping), RAID 1 (Mirroring), Span, Clone, RAID 5, and RAID 1+0; plus optional Rebuild setup under RAID 1+HotSpare, Clone+HotSpare, and RAID 5+HotSpare!
The RC-M4SP is compatible for both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connectivity. The RAID MASTER, GUI (graphic user interface), permits professionals to centralize and effectively supervise complicated RAID applications. With the RC-M4SP, one can configure multiple RAID tasks, receive reports on any system problems, and customize storage management for the RAID system.
Taiwan`s new design patent M354309 ‘SmartGuider’ design, allows quick installation. This unique feature enables tray less hard drive stance and effortless hard drive hot-swap whenever required. In addition to the low-dB fan, the upright stand of the HDDs maximizes airflow by exhausting hot air using high rpm SATA HDDs. With the vents and rugged aluminum case, the entire dataTale features elegant design and efficient channel for heat dissipation.
RC-M4SP Smart 4 – Bay USB 3.0 also has the optional HDD Soft Sleeve which is a good solution for users who would store individual hard drive. It prevents over-tightened hard drives with auto-limiting segmented screws. SmartGuider acts as a dust proof for the hard drives dust while travelling.
- Interface – USB 2.0/3.0
- HDD Support – 3.5??SATA hard disk
- Connector – USB 3.0 x 1
- Data Transfer Speed – USB 3.0: up to 5Gbit/sec
- USB 2.0 – up to 480Mbit/sec
- RAID Mode – JBOD (None RAID), RAID 0 (Striping), RAID 1 (Mirroring), Span, Clone, RAID 5,
- RAID 10 (1+0) and optional HotSpare
- LED Indicator – Power / Connection / Health / Access / Rebuild / RAID Alert
- Material – Aluminum case with plastic parts
- Power Supply – Input: AC 100~240V, Output: DC +12V/7.5A, with Peak current: 12A
- FAN (x2) – Dimension: 80 x 80 x 10 mm
- Speed – 1900 R.P.M +-10%
- Noise – 17.13 dB(A) max
- Dimension – 210 (L) x 138 (W) x 213 (H) mm
- 8.3 (L) x 5.4 (W) x 8.4 (H) inch
- Weight(w/o disk) – 2.2 KGS/4.85 LBS
Price, warranty and availability
The RC-M4SP SMART 4-Bay USB 3.0 RAID system comes with the MRP of Rs. 19999/– and available ex-stock with Apical carrying 1 year warranty.