Microsoft is the first hyper scale public cloud provider to offer services from local datacenters in India. The company announced the availability of its three datacenters located at Mumbai, Pune and Chennai in September 2015. Since then, Microsoft continues to witness high rate of adoption of its cloud services across sectors like BFSI, healthcare, media & entertainment, telecom and government customers.
With a complete portfolio of cloud services – Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and Dynamics CRM Online, Microsoft continues to lead the market by offering ‘cloud-on-your-terms’. The company has invested heavily in four key areas to strengthen its cloud services through the local datacenters – Security, Privacy, Compliance and Transparency.
Organizations across different industries are using the flexibility, security and advanced computing capabilities of Microsoft cloud to drive innovation and customer value. Local developers, startups and independent software vendors (ISVs) are also leveraging the local Microsoft cloud for better productivity and enhanced customer experiences. Microsoft and its ISV partners are innovating with tools such as Azure Machine Learning, Azure Analytics, Power BI among others, to develop interesting solutions. These solutions have been deployed across verticals like retail, eCommerce, banking, FMCG among others.
In the first six months of launching cloud services through local datacenters, Microsoft has seen 50 of the top 100 companies listed on the BSE, adopt its cloud to drive digital transformation of their business. These include
- Top 5 private sector banks, which include HDFC, ICICI Lombard, IDFC, Kotak Mahindra and Axis Bank
- Many of the 24×7 E-kiosks (E-lobbies) set up by banks – are powered by Microsoft partners and their Windows enabled Smart Multi-function kiosks. DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance recently got on the Azure platform with Ramco Link
- Major Indian healthcare providers including Fortis Healthcare, Apollo Hospitals, AIIMS, L V Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI), Narayana Health
- India’s largest conglomerates like Reliance Capital, Essar Group, L&T, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, etc. selected Microsoft Cloud for their digital transformation
- Maharashtra Government has partnered with Microsoft to create its first smart village in Harisal
- Top 5 Indian ecommerce companies, which include PayTM, Snapdeal, and Pepperfry have started using Microsoft cloud
- Other Indian start-ups such as Meru Cabs and JustDial
- Startups and ISVs such as Zing HR, iBot, Miles Software, Knolskape, GrownOut, CloudCherry, Aspect, and Shephertz are leveraging the true potential of Microsoft cloud
- System Integrators and developers have started to build solutions to develop smart cities, accelerate e-governance, and drive digital transformation with local cloud
- Adoption is also being seen across socially relevant sectors like Education and Public servicedepartments across select States in the country
Microsoft has also opened Cyber Security Engagement Center (CSEC) in Gurgaon, India. The CSEC aims to drive public-private partnerships to fight cybercrime, strengthen the cooperation with Indian businesses, government and academic organizations on cybersecurity, and increase its contribution towards securing Indian computer and internet users from cybercrime threats. It brings together Microsoft’s Digital Crime Unit experts comprising attorneys, investigators and security response experts from across the company.
@Technuter.com News Service