Bangalore, India, September 24, 2015: HP today announced general availability of HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0, its integrated enterprise cloud solution, and a new HP ConvergedSystem 700 platform, a workload optimized infrastructure purpose-built for HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0.
Organizations are attracted by the promise of the cloud to speed service delivery, lower costs and increase the efficiency of the datacenter. For many enterprises, a successful cloud initiative begins with integrating existing and new technology investments. The challenge is to develop a cloud that is simple to use and manage.
HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 incorporates HP Helion OpenStack and the HP Helion Development Platform, delivering an enterprise-ready integrated open source infrastructure as-a-service (IaaS) and platform as-a-service (PaaS) offering. HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 provides a modern development environment that can be integrated with customers’ existing IT investments to move their traditional applications to the cloud, as well as to develop and deploy cloud-native applications using multiple development languages.
“Enterprises are attracted by the promise of the cloud, however for many, the success of a cloud initiative hinges on the ability to integrate existing and new technology,” said Narayanan Chellappan, Country Director, Cloud Division, HP India. “HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 allows organizations to leverage existing infrastructure and expertise, manage traditional applications as cloud services, while supporting modern application development and delivery methods necessary to transition to a hybrid infrastructure.”
HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 enables IT to manage mixed clouds environments to cater to organizations’ diverse application development and deployment needs. It is compatible with the most commonly used operating systems, standard infrastructure and operations management tools, as well as popular hypervisors. In addition, HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 simplifies integration with existing heterogeneous IT environments, and allows those investments to be leveraged for the cloud. Additional benefits include:
- OpenStack software and Cloud Foundry application programming interfaces (APIs) to access and control cloud resources directly
- Hybrid cloud management capabilities across various private and public cloud environments, including Microsoft Azure, AWS, HP Helion Public Cloud, HP Helion OpenStack and VMware, as well as providing customers the ability to move workloads between AWS and their datacenters using HP Helion Eucalyptus
- Support for multiple hypervisors, including Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat KVM and VMware ESXi, offering customers additional choice and avoiding vendor lock-in
- The latest version of HP Cloud Service Automation, providing a single management platform to control multiple cloud environments
- Integration with HP OneView, expanding support of physical server provisioning, including deployment of bare metal resources
HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 can be deployed as standalone software supporting a multiple vendor hardware environment. While HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 provides customers flexibility and choice, it is also optimized for HP ConvergedSystem 700, delivering the openness of a fully curated OpenStack and Cloud Foundry technology-based cloud.
HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 is available as a fully-integrated blade-based or hyper-converged infrastructure with HP ConvergedSystem, which frees up time and resources throughout the full life cycle of the system. For enterprises wanting to deploy a hybrid cloud environment in as few as two days, HP ConvergedSystem 700 is purpose built for flexibility, scalability and faster time-to-value, delivered fully optimized and pre-integrated with HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 at the factory.
Both HP Helion CloudSystem 9.0 and HP ConvergedSystem 700 are available now as either standalone or integrated offerings.
© Technuter.com News Service