New Delhi, India, November 28, 2014: EMC Corporation has announced availability of the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution, delivering hardware, software and services from EMC and VMware to unite the strengths of private and public cloud. The EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution enables IT-as-a-service (ITaaS) in as few as 28 days. Organizations no longer will have to make tradeoffs between the speed and agility of public cloud services and the control and security of private cloud infrastructure.
To help deliver its hybrid cloud solution in India, EMC is also partnering with Cloud Service Providers Netmagic and Sungard Availability Services, as well as additional partners to be announced in the future, to target customers in manufacturing, healthcare, retail, BFSI and IT/ITeS sectors.
The need for Hybrid Cloud
Businesses are demanding more than ever from IT. They want choice in devices, rapid creation and deployment of new services, and flexibility as to where applications live, how they are managed and by whom. Against this backdrop, they want to do more with less, lower their costs and have the ability to scale instantaneously. To meet these expectations IT organizations must deliver IT as a Service (ITaaS) via a well-run Hybrid Cloud that brings together the performance, security, and control of private cloud with the flexibility and cost advantages of public cloud.
The EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution empowers IT to be a broker of trusted cloud services while maintaining the freedom to choose the Management and Orchestration technology upon which the hybrid cloud is standardized. The result is a hybrid cloud solution capable of supporting traditional and next-gen applications, financial transparency so IT can prove its value to the business, and a seamless and secure management experience.
EMC invested 40,000 engineering hours to develop and deliver the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution, designed to be simple, automated and on-demand and features a number of valuable benefits to accelerate customer time-to-value including:
- Solution designed to be implemented in 28 days or less with EMC Professional Services
- Access to a full service catalog of automated data services
- Integration with public cloud services built on VMware vCloud Air, Microsoft Azure, AWS and other EMC-powered cloud service providers
- EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution can be built on VCE Vblock Systems and VSPEX for accelerated deployment
- EMC’s gold standard level of Customer Service to provide world-class support
EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Services
EMC is introducing new professional and educational services designed to help customers quickly implement the EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution within their IT environment.
A leader in the cloud marketplace, EMC has helped accelerate more than 15,000 cloud deployments for customers, providing industry-leading expertise to guide customers’ infrastructure, operational, and application transformations across every stage of development. In India, EMC has conducted more than 50 IT transformation workshops for customers wanting to deploy Hybrid Cloud.
Along with new Architecture, Design and Implementation Services to enable the hybrid cloud solutions, EMC also unveiled new Professional Services to remove cloud complexity including:
- EMC Managed Services for Enterprise Hybrid Cloud delivers end-to-end turnkey operational management of a customer’s EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud complete with SLAs. The service provides either onsite or offsite resources for one year or more.
- EMC Cloud Advisory Service offers a distinctive scalable and automated approach to help analyze application requirements to determine workload suitability for cloud, then recommend placement in appropriate public or private clouds based on economics and functional requirements.
- EMC IT Transformation Workshop provides a fee-waived strategic planning engagement with an EMC consulting expert to help organizations prioritize concrete steps for IT Transformation across service strategy, applications, operating model and infrastructure, providing a benchmark against industry peers and the competition.
- Education Services: For customers who will manage or operate their EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud, EMC provides training to help IT staff gain the requisite skills.
The EMC Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Solution Federation SDDC Edition with VMware is available now and is offered in three sizes, to support deployments for up to 500, 5,000 and 10,000 virtual machines.