Santa Clara, California, February 23, 2014: Kovair Software, a major player in integrated ALM solutions, announced today that it has successfully released a migration and synchronization solution between HP Quality Center, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manager (MTM).
Director of Product Solutions at Kovair Puranjoy Chatterjee said, “Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform now supports migration of all HP QC elements including Requirements, Test Cases, Defects, Attachments, History and their interrelationships to TFS. The solution also supports the migration of HP QC Test Cases along with automated Test Scripts to TFS as Generic Tests. This provides a comprehensive migration solution for testing in software development.”
“This capability is of considerable significance in the optimization of tools for any development organization which are considering migrating from one family of tools to the other for reasons such as cost savings, adoption of new tool strategies or consolidation of certain tool families for their Application Lifecycle Management processes globally,” said Bipin Shah, CEO and Chairman of Kovair. “This solution presented some technical challenges that our engineering team has successfully overcome to enable our customers to gain this important capability,” he continued.
Mitra Azizirad, General Manager, Developer Tools Marketing and Sales at Microsoft, said, “The Kovair HP Quality Center synchronization solution enables developers and development teams using the Visual Studio suite to increase potential cost savings and efficiency in the software development process. We applaud Kovair for the value its product brings to Team Foundation Server and Test Manager users who also include HP tools in their development process.”
The highlights of this solution are:
- Migration of all Test artifacts from HP QC to Microsoft TFS
- Execution of HP QTP Test Scripts linked with Test Cases by Microsoft Test Manager
- Support for direct viewing of QTP Results from MTM if testing is executed with HP QTP
- Complete support for Call 2 Tests
- Mapping of HP QC Releases & Cycles to TFS Iterations
- Migration of HP QC Design Steps with Parameters and Default values
- Bidirectional synchronization of Requirements, Defects, Test Steps and Test Scripts along with their inter-relationships. Migration of History Data, RTF Fields and Attachments
- 100% web interface for codeless configuration of integration rules
The highlights of the solution are available in a video recording at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74qiM2rBNFg
A document describing some of the technical details can be accessed at http://www.kovair.com/omnibus-solutions/migration-synchronization-hpqc-and-tfs-mtm.html