Bengaluru, India, November 10, 2014: Mphasis Payment Managed Services (MPMS) won the prestigious Golden Peacock Innovation Management Award (GPIMA) 2014 – ‘Special Commendation’. This national award was presented at the Golden Peacock Awards Nite, by The Rt. Hon Theresa May MP, Secretary of State for the Home Department, Govt. of UK, at Millennium Hotel London Mayfair on 29th October 2014.
MPMS, the end-to-end ATM Deployment and Management Services unit of Mphasis, was selected as winner of the Special Commendation from 283 applications that Golden Peacock Award Secretariat received in 2014. The Golden Peacock Award applications were assessed at three levels by independent assessors and a Grand Jury under the Chairmanship of Justice (Dr.) Arijit Pasayat, former Judge, Supreme Court of India & Chairman, and Competition Appellate Tribunal of India & Authority for Advance Ruling.
Mphasis won this award for Five banking innovations, arguably for the first time in the Indian ATM industry:
- Use of Cloud-based Total Implementation Services Workflow System that integrates the entire stakeholder ecosystem including vendors on a common platform with greater transparency and accountability.
- Best in Class ATM Monitoring System that does real time analytics and helps dispatch and close tickets with 50% lower human dependence.
- In-house Built Geographic Information System which enables deployment of ATMs in convenient, non-competitive and strategic locations to maximize transactions.
- Profitability Analytics System that provides central, regional and functional teams with historic data on every ATM’s profitability/ transaction volumes and ATM–wise issues or recurring problems for speedy remedial actions.
- ProTecht a new-age ATM e-surveillance and power management solution that we have developed in partnership with Delta Systems to address the growing challenge of theft, vandalism and Green ATM.
Last year as well, Mphasis Payment Managed Services won the Financial Inclusion – ICT Innovation award for the Ministry of Finance ATM project in November 2013.
“I am honored to receive this prestigious award as it is a testimony to our commitment of Unleashing Next Gen practices and solutions for the Banking Industry. At MPMS, our core focus is on leveraging best-in-class innovations to run a scalable, secure and efficient ecosystem for ATM deployment and Management that delivers unmatched ATM uptime rates.
Leveraging technology has clearly put us in leadership position, making us the fastest and largest deployer of ATMs under the Ministry of Finance initiative for Financial Inclusion.” said Puneet Bhirani, Executive Vice President & Head – Mphasis Payment Managed Services.