Bangalore, India, November 12, 2014: Infosys, a player in consulting, technology, outsourcing and next generation services, announced that it has successfully implemented its Finacle core banking solution for Discover Financial Services, a leading U.S. direct bank and payment services company.
The new Finacle platform provides Discover with real-time processing and customer servicing for the company’s deposits portfolio, and is expected to be extended to support Discover’s installment lending products as well. The Finacle solution helps companies enhance operational efficiency, bring new products to market, integrate and automate compliance functionality, reduce costs and deliver a superior banking experience to its customers.
- Finacle has helped Discover replace its legacy, mainframe-based core banking platform with a new, service-oriented architecture that incorporates real-time, straight through processing
- Discover has migrated the Deposits business to this new core banking platform and plans to migrate the Personal Loans and Student Loans businesses to the new platform
- Many processes that formerly required multiple hand-offs are now automated and can be resolved in real-time, improving customer service and efficiency
- The Finacle solution supports the bank’s broader efforts to provide a unified and real-time 360 degree view of the customer portfolio and transactions across businesses and channels. This will enable the bank to better serve customers with contextual and personalized services and offers
- Discover anticipates operational efficiencies from the implementation, such as a decrease in average call time for customer support
- Using an extensive product factory comprising global best practices and reusable components, Discover can configure and evolve products to keep pace with consumer demands, and market and regulatory requirements
- With built-in compliance functionality that is maintained through application parameters, the bank will be able to reduce the time and effort needed to react toevolving regulatory requirements. The solution also improves the reporting process for the deposits and installment lending businesses
Carlos Minetti, President of Consumer Banking at Discover Financial Services, said, “Discover’s adoption of the Finacle solution is part of our continuous commitment to improve our customer experience. As our direct banking business grows, the Finacle platform will help us scale and optimize internal processes so that they keep pace with evolving consumer demands and market trends.”
Michael Reh, Senior Vice President and Global Head of Finacle at Infosys, said, “Discover is leveraging Finacle to support business growth, enhance customer service andintegrate and automate Federal and State compliance requirements.This successful implementation shows financial institutions in the US, burdened with inflexible legacy IT infrastructure, can deploy Infosys Finacle to help them achieve technology modernization to transform their business and power profitable growth.”