Mumbai, India, September 03, 2014: Leaders of India’s enterprise technology sector have committed to support India’s design ecosystem with strong participation and product showcase at the first ever Autodesk University (AU) to be held on Sept. 11-12, 2014 at The Renaissance, Powai, Mumbai. This comes after the success of the Autodesk University Extension (AUx) event held in Mumbai last year. With the participation of technology leaders from across the industry like AMD, DELL, HP and NVIDIA, Autodesk University will demonstrate the benefits that the combination of powerful design software with powerful hardware can provide to solving design challenges. Focusing on the future of how things are made, the one and half day-long event is expected to attract more than 1,200 attendees.
Apart from leaders in the technology sector another notable participant is the entertainment division of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI). Commenting on FICCI’s participation, Leena Jaisani, FICCI Sr Director & Head of Media & Entertainment, said, “FICCI Frames looks forward to participating at the upcoming Autodesk University India 2014 which is a great global platform for the 3D Digital Media & Entertainment ecosystem.”
On HP’s association with AU, Ketan Patel, Director, Computing Category, HP PPS India said, “HP is glad to be a part of Autodesk University 2014 in Mumbai. We look forward to interacting with industry experts from AEC, M&E and the Education sector. We will be demonstrating how HP Personal & Mobile Workstations deliver on innovations, high performance and reliability that the user community requires to deliver their everyday challenging tasks. These workstations are tested and certified by HP engineers for Autodesk applications, so that you stay confident while working with HP/Autodesk solutions.”
Ed Caracappa, Worldwide Sales Director, AMD said, “As part of Autodesk University Program 2014, AMD FirePro Professional Graphics will showcase how professionals can accelerate workflows and stay confident when working with M&E and CAD/DDC applications like Mudbox Maya, Inventor, etc with AMD FirePro Graphics cards, which are optimized and certified for Autodesk applications. We look forward to seeing you at AU 2014 India.”
Commenting on DELL’s participation Indrajit Belgundi, Director & GM, End User Computing, DELL India said, “An event like Autodesk University creates a great platform to bring together the design and engineering industry. DELL Precision customers depend on powerful workstations to help create impressively complex projects making it much simpler. DELL is working closely with partners like Autodesk to ensure that our new workstations exceed customer expectations, allowing our customers to access new technology faster than ever and easing their transition onto a new hardware platform, helping them achieve their goals much faster and better than ever.”
“With the launch of our new mainstream and performance tower and rack workstations, DELL Precision Tower 5810, Tower 7810, Tower 7910, and Rack 7910, in India, every key component of our new workstations has been updated, resulting in outstanding performance gains to help our customers design without limitations. Designed to address the critical requirements of customers in compute-intensive fields such as engineering, manufacturing, and media and entertainment, these powerful, scalable systems are optimized and independent software vendor (ISV) certified to run the most demanding applications,” Indrajit Belgundi concluded.
“At Autodesk University in India, we are showcasing how professional designers are able to use NVIDIA and Autodesk tools to build complex designs and achieve maximum productivity, without sacrificing visual quality,” said Pawan Awasthi, PSG Marketing Manager – South Asia, NVIDIA. “NVIDIA Quadro GPUs are optimized for several Autodesk applications, ensuring reliability for the most mission-critical projects,” Awasthi said.
AU India will be one and half day-long event and is expected to take in more than 1,200 attendees with several specialists-led sessions and industry keynotes by technical experts. It will encompass several industry sessions for design and engineering professionals from Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Manufacturing Media and Entertainment industries and would offer plenty of networking and learning opportunities to attendees. Several key customers of Autodesk will be demonstrating projects where they used design tools to address business challenges.
Some key highlights of AU India are:
- Presentations on the ‘Film Virtual Production: Now in Real Time!’ by Rupali Deshpande, Solution Architect -NVIDIA and Prem Moraes, Autodesk
- Digital Bollywood CXO conclave in association with Anand Gurnani media where 25 companies from animation industry and 15 companies from the visual effects industries will showcase their works. These include leading industry players like Prime Focus, Red Chillies VFX, Tata Interactive, GreenGold Animation, Pyrodactyl, Prana, Discreet Arts, Xentrix.
- Automotive Innovation Forum that will bring some of the best names in global and Indian automotive industry on a platform to discuss design innovation as a key driver to sustainable growth irrespective of economic turbulence. Panelists include Pratap Bose, Design Head, Tata Motors and Anil Saini, Design Director India, General Motors, .
- Presentation by Mr Arun Muthumani, Senior Manager – Vehicle Styling, Escorts on Aesthetics and product styling
- “Wicked Problem Solving Workshop” by Tom Wujec, Autodesk Fellow who played a critical role in the development of Autodesk software including Autodesk SketchBook Pro and Autodesk Maya which won an Academy Award for its contribution to the film industry
- Industry sessions on the role and business value of Building, Information, Modelling (BIM) architecture and construction featuring international speakers like Lee Miller, Vice President & Director of buildingSMART implemementation, HOK and Atul Khanzode, Director of Construction Technologies, DPR Construction
- “Future is Now” live Technology demos of Motion Capture, Augmented Reality, 3D Smart City
Attendees will also get a chance to obtain certifications free of cost for the latest versions of Autodesk software like Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D, Autodesk Revit Architecture, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite.