Bangalore, India, February 23, 2015: EMC Corporation, today, announced the launch of new global Business Partner Program (BPP) providing EMC partners with a common, unified framework. The new BPP brings together all previous EMC partner programs to create a simple, predictable and profitable experience for each partner. Designed in concert with partners, the BPP offers more flexibility and choice as well as greater access to solutions and services to enable partners to play a leading role in both the 2nd Platform and emerging 3rd Platform of IT, characterized by the mega trends of social, mobile, cloud and Big Data.
Under the BPP partners can choose the tracks that best fit their strategic objectives. The BPP tracks include: EMC resell, distribution, cloud service provider, system integrator and outsourcer as well as the RSA SecurWorldTM program. Partners in multiple tracks can use dollars earned and training credits in one track across other tracks for maximum flexibility, to lower costs and to invest in new lines of business with EMC.
For those partners qualified in VMware, Pivotal, RSA and VCE programs, EMC offers cross-program training credits to significantly reduce the partner’s investments in sales or technical certifications. EMC will also offer qualifying partners additional incentives for reselling solutions built using a combination of EMC, VMware, Pivotal and VCE technology.
SIMPLE, PREDICTABLE AND PROFITABLE
- The new EMC partner program is designed to increase opportunities for selling EMC solutions and services. Partners will have access to five new purpose-built solutions to drive higher value engagements across cloud, Big Data and security. EMC is also creating new Solution Centers with partners under the Business Partner Program to showcase these solutions on premises or in the cloud.
- For the first time ever, EMC is offering qualified partners expanded access to resell and deliver an enhanced portfolio of Consulting Services that leverage industry leading methodologies, best practices, and resources. Partners will also be eligible for greater performance incentives that recognize and reward partners for excellence in service sales.
- The new Business Partner Program also features predictable, richer rebates for resell partners. Solution Provider partners will now earn rebates for selling EMC products, software, and services starting at the first dollar of sales and increasing at a graduated rate as specific revenue thresholds are met. This promises a simpler, more predictable and more profitable experience for partners. The Solution Provider track also features a new, elite Platinum tier for partners that achieve expert levels of accreditation and certification in the resale, design and implementation of EMC solutions.
EXPANDING THE PARTNER ECOSYSTEM – DEEPENING GO-TO-MARKET ENGAGEMENT
New Cloud Service Provider Offerings
- As market dynamics change, and cloud adoption grows, EMC has experienced a dramatic increase in the number of Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) partners over the last year. In order to address the transition and enable new opportunities, CSPs can take advantage of new go-to-market features like Cloud Service Provider Bid Desk, an EMC lead development service and Cloud Partner Connect Program, where EMC matches resell partners with CSPs to resell, refer or white label their EMC powered cloud offerings to create and sell private, public and hybrid cloud offerings at scale.
Partner Solution Innovation Center
- EMC is also announcing the new Partner Solution Innovation Center for Global Alliance partners. The center, located in Bangalore India, will feature subject matter experts working with Global Alliance partners to validate and create unique, industry focused solutions featuring technology from EMC’s federated businesses. These solutions will help meet the needs of our customers and enable the development of new market opportunities.
INDUSTRY-LEADING AND INTEGRATED EMC CHANNEL-ONLY STORAGE AND DATA PROTECTION PRODUCTS
EMC continues to innovate with products sold exclusively through the channel. The new VNXe 3200 array is a powerful, easy to use, Flash-optimized hybrid storage array that can be setup in minutes.
With the introduction of the EMC Data Domain DD2200 deduplication storage system, EMC redefines its entry-level protection storage lineup with a full-featured Data Domain system designed specifically for the needs of small-to-midrange enterprises. By combining the DD2200 with the EMC Data Protection SuiteTM, customers can benefit from a complete EMC backup and archive solution with optimized integration. To find out more about the features and capabilities of the DD2200 system, read the Pulse post.
NEW AND ENHANCED VSPEX CHOICES
Building on the momentum of the channel’s success with VSPEX infrastructure, EMC also is delivering more power with 11 new VSPEX infrastructure configurations, and with brand new flexibility in the storage layer of VSPEX infrastructure with all-flash and software-defined storage options in the second half of 2014.
Praveen Sahai, Vice President – Channels, EMC India & SAARC at EMC, said, “Indian organizations are maturing to technologies of big data, cloud computing and analytics which in turn provides opportunities for our partners. With our new Business Partner Program we aim to drive meaningful conversations with our partners by providing them the ecosystem for growth and support so that they are able to deliver in these changing dynamics at the same time feel rewarded. The BPP allows business partners to fully leverage technology and solutions in across the EMC federation.”