New Delhi, India, October 19, 2015: Cisco and NetApp marked five years of delivering unprecedented value to customers with FlexPod integrated infrastructure solutions. The NetApp and Cisco FlexPod collaboration – has helped simplify and modernize enterprise IT so that organizations can achieve better business outcomes. FlexPod customers benefit from proven technology, a strong partner ecosystem and the ability to rapidly integrate new innovations. Customers and partners can choose from more than 100 validated application and infrastructure designs that increase productivity, speed decision making and produce stronger business results.
In its first five years, FlexPod has experienced incredible growth, generating shared revenues of $5.6 billion. Today, more than 6,300 customer organizations and 1,100 partners worldwide have experienced how FlexPod lets them reimagine what technology can do.
“Competition for customers is fierce. Requirements for responsiveness, availability and speed have never been higher. In FlexPod, Cisco and NetApp have created the ideal solution to meet these evolving business demands,” said George Kurian, CEO of NetApp. “The capabilities of Cisco ONE Enterprise Cloud Suite and NetApp Data Fabric enable customers to seamlessly extend their IT systems from the private cloud to the public cloud, on their terms. Customers can be confident that their investments in FlexPod today will enable their businesses to succeed and evolve with the changing business and IT landscape.”
“Cisco and NetApp share the same vision to empower every country, city and company to become digital. To do this, IT organizations need a simpler approach to deploy and manage infrastructure. Together, FlexPod and Cisco’s partner network improve deployment time and prepare customers for the next wave of data center transformation,” said Chuck Robbins, CEO of Cisco.
Expanding FlexPod Capabilities
Backed by one of the most successful alliances in the industry, FlexPod has quickly become the integrated infrastructure of choice for many of the largest enterprises around the globe. NetApp and Cisco, with their partners, continue to expand FlexPod capabilities to address new business requirements.
FlexPod validated designs for Application Performance, Cloud, and Automation:
- FlexPod with NetApp All Flash FAS and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) delivers increased application performance without downtime, driving higher productivity, operational efficiency, and smart decision making. This design supports the entire software development lifecycle with easy, low-friction switching across flash, disk and cloud resources for infrastructure using Cisco ACI profiles and policies.
- FlexPod with Cisco ACI for Microsoft (Exchange and SharePoint) offers a simple, policy-based approach to application deployment. By automating layers of configuration that IT staff typically performs manually today, IT can deliver the resources that key business applications need in less time and with end-to-end enterprise-class security.
- FlexPod for SAP Applications enables organizations to run multiple SAP HANA production systems in one FlexPod solution with less risk and greater flexibility. It also delivers the needed performance to run SAP applications servers and an SAP HANA database on the same FlexPod infrastructure.
- FlexPod for SAP Applications with Cisco ACI enables organizations to rapidly deploy SAP HANA based applications while also meeting the critical performance requirements. Cisco ACI’s policy based approach delivers the required security and governance required by enterprises who are moving their enterprise applications to SAP HANA.
- FlexPod for SAP Applications with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure Using Policy-Based Automation and Vnomic dramatically accelerates and simplifies the deployment and operation of large-scale SAP applications and SAP HANA database, helping to eliminate error-prone process, and aligning network behavior with application requirements.
- FlexPod with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Director and Cisco ACI automates workflows for rapid, no-touch, policy-based provisioning of application infrastructure. Cisco UCS Director coordinates the provisioning of both physical and virtual computing, networking, and storage components, reducing deployment time and helping to increase the pace of infrastructure delivery.
- FlexPod with OpenStack offers customers that are interested in tapping into the benefits of open source cloud economics, a simple way to quickly and reliably deploy OpenStack Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHEL-OSP) cloud solutions. It is based on a proven and validated integrated infrastructure while offering the FlexPod Cooperative Support Model that provides both OpenStack and FlexPod support.
Making FlexPod Easier to buy, deploy, and own for Partners and Customers:
- FlexPod Services by Avnet One Frameworks is a new set of pre-configured and packaged converged infrastructure racks that combine products and services from Cisco, NetApp, and Avnet based on popular customer configurations. These four new offerings provide reseller partners with a high-velocity sales motion for quoting and shipping pre-validated, pre-integrated FlexPod configurations.
- FlexPod Post Implementation Validation Tools provide partners and customer with steps to help confirm that their FlexPod solution is aligned with the Cisco Validated Design guidelines. Gaps are determined and recommendations are made for application firmware and configuration that ensure customer deployments are properly supportable.
- FlexPod Lifecycle Management provides the tooling, documented step-by-step upgrade procedure, and ongoing FlexPod software stack validations necessary to minimize business disruption and preserve the asset value of a FlexPod Datacenter investment.
© Technuter.com News Service