Bangalore, India, November 13, 2014: CA WORLD ’14 — Today winners of CA Technologies 2014 VIP Customer Awards were announced at CA World ‘14. The awards recognize customers that have achieved new levels of success using CA solutions in new and innovative ways to help meet the dynamic business needs of businesses in today’s application economy.
Awards and winners were presented in the following categories:
The Vision Award – for success in developing and demonstrating a clear vision to managing the overall success of an enterprise.
- Garanti Teknoloji for leveraging integrated CA solutions for application development, software change management, application performance management, security, network management and database monitoring to grow their business while better controlling costs.
- MUFG Union Bank for its adoption of a DevOps methodology using CA Service Virtualization to reduce online and mobile application testing costs by 65 to 85 percent, and cutting setup time for development environments by 93 percent.
- Ricoh Americas Corporation for their innovative use of CA PPM technology to support the company’s strategic vision to empower customers to successfully adapt to the evolving enterprise landscape with solutions and services that enable true information mobility.
- Swisscom for accelerating the launch of innovative, cloud-based, digital TV services using CA Release Automation.
- Itau for using a wide range of CA software solutions to create a Center of Excellence to improve customer services with dramatic results, including a 95% reduction in the response time and a 73% improvement of the overall business process time in just one business service
The Impact Award – for results from improved management, especially in terms of productivity, financial benefits, quality improvements or customer satisfaction.
- Energy Future Holdings for using a CA Technologies solution to improve its business velocity through improved and seamless access to business applications and data by internal users and partners.
- Nike Inc. for using CA Service Virtualization to deliver cutting-edge mobile, web and cloud-based platforms more frequently to customers around the globe.
- Santa Clara County Social Services Agency for its use of CA Service Desk Manager to improve the quality of service provided to citizens in need of financial and protective aid services.
- TESCO for bringing development and operations teams closer by implementing CA Application Performance Management and CA Unified Infrastructure Management tools to reduce costs and safeguard availability tools to reduce costs, and CA Release Automation tools to cut release times from weeks to days.
- Unisys for successfully evolving its Network Operations Center into a modern “Business Operations Center” to eliminate chaos, automate ticketing and escalate alert routing to improve client service.
- Wells Fargo for its use of CA Capacity Management, CA Infrastructure Management and CA Application Performance Management solutions to help the company with a cultural shift from using PCs to mobile devices, plain-old email to social networking, and traditional data to voice/video communications.
The Progress Award – for implementation success or process improvements. Initiatives in this category, even if not complete, demonstrate excellent planning or communications and project success.
- Lexmark for using a multi-phased approach to transform IT and increase business agility, enable faster deployment of solutions and services, improve development, and assure reliability of internal and external services.
- Molina Healthcare for using a wide range of CA solutions to better structure its DevOps organization to increase mean time to repair issues by 77 percent and reduce application release times by 75 percent.
- Polycom for using CA PPM to connect 1,100 users across China, India, Israel, Canada and the USA with roll out, education and user adoption – all completed in less than a year.
- Rogers Communications for using CA Identity Manager to manage APIs for customer identities and entitlements to automatically provision more than 6 million users.
- State of Oregon Enterprise Technology Services for using CA Automation, CA Storage Management and CA Database Management solutions to enhance customer experiences.
- Verizon for utilizing CA Technologies solutions to create process improvements and significantly increase infrastructure savings, expand test coverage, and improve application quality.
“We are in the middle of a business revolution where consumers across the globe expect to interact with products, services and companies through software,” said John Michelsen, chief technology officer at CA Technologies. “We are proud to recognize our customers who are pushing the envelope to invent new ways to grow their businesses and improve customer experiences.”
Award winners leverage CA solutions across a variety of technology areas, including Security, DevOps, Service Management, Project & Portfolio Management (PPM), Infrastructure Management, Application Performance Management, Application Delivery, and Mainframe.