Bengaluru, India, September 16, 2015: Unisys Corporation today announced a range of advanced security products and solutions, including a new software-based release of its award-winning Unisys Stealth solution, which helps organizations protect their digital and physical assets in cloud, mobile and enterprise environments.
The new security products and solutions, a key part of the company’s growth strategy, were unveiled at its annual Americas Analyst and Advisor Summit in Dallas.
Designed to protect vital information and infrastructure in the face of evolving threats from hackers and malware, the new solutions include products based on the latest version of Unisys Stealth software, which delivers identity-based micro-segmentation to protect sensitive data by making communication endpoints undetectable to unauthorized parties.
The new Unisys Stealth products are completely software-based and can be immediately incorporated into an organization’s existing eco-system including clients, servers, clouds, industrial control systems, Internet of Things, mobile devices, customers, and even supply chain partners.
New Stealth products are part of a comprehensive portfolio of security solutions for location, perimeter and surveillance security; identity management and biometrics; secure image processing and analytics; as well as efficient managed services and global consulting to address all aspects of its clients’ security requirements.
“With enterprises becoming increasingly interconnected environments and cyber threats becoming business threats, security professionals can no longer protect their enterprises with an outdated focus on building walls and counting events,” said Tom Patterson, vice president and general manager for global security solutions, Unisys. “Instead, enterprises need to accept that bad guys will get in somehow, and they must layer in advanced defenses that minimize harm with identity-based micro-segmentation.”
Addressing the Convergence of IT and Physical Security
The Unisys Stealth family of products uses an advanced approach that helps organizations mitigate attacks and hacker incidents by rendering devices, data and end users undetectable on networks. The solution establishes secure “segments” within an enterprise where only authorized users can access information. Unauthorized users cannot access the information — or even see that it exists. Even if a bad actor gets in, Stealth sees to it that they are cryptographically contained to a single segment of the network, with no access to move laterally to other parts of the enterprise.
The new release of Unisys Stealth is based on a software design that eliminates operational costs associated with additional hardware and cuts deployment times by up to half. Leveraging global Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) standards, this latest version of Stealth code allows easier configuration and integration and provides a highly-enhanced interface for configuring, monitoring and managing the Stealth environment.
Key product updates and new releases include:
- Stealth(Core): Secures data using micro-segmentation and cryptography to limit a user’s – or potential attacker’s – view of data and services to only a tiny segment of the enterprise.
- Stealth(Mobile): Enables authenticated and secure access to application processing environments in the data center from mobile applications by using application wrapping software to encrypt data-in-motion from the mobile app across the Internet.
- Stealth(Cloud): Extends the same level of protection to enterprises that wish to leverage the cost-savings benefits of using the public cloud but have been reluctant to do so due to security concerns.
Unisys also offers related security solutions including:
- Physical Security and Identity Management: Unisys Location, Perimeter, and Surveillance Security solutions deliver comprehensive, end-to-end protection and are custom-built to clients’ requirements – ranging from securing a room to securing a national border. Unisys’ biometrics-based, service-oriented identity management platform provides high levels of multi-factor user authentication, combining fingerprint, iris, voice, signature and face with non-biometric credentials.
- Managed Security Services: Unisys manages a client’s security infrastructure, enabling the organization to quickly achieve and maintain regulatory compliances while taking advantage of new technologies including cloud, virtualized environments and mobility.
- Security Consulting Services: Unisys strategic and technical consultants help clients identify and manage risk and pinpoint vulnerabilities in their digital and physical environments.
© Technuter.com News Service