Bangalore, India, March 16, 2015: VCE, a player in converged infrastructure, today announced a major expansion to its industry-leading converged infrastructure portfolio with a series of new platform and software innovations focused on speeding and simplifying the customer journey to the hybrid cloud. VCE is expanding the scope of converged infrastructure integration from physical hardware elements to include application and cloud infrastructure, driving an evolution from converged infrastructure to converged solutions.
VCE introduced groundbreaking advancements to its converged solutions portfolio:
VCE Vscale Architecture is a new, innovative “scale up” AND “scale out” architecture that delivers simplicity and speed at data center scale. VCE Vscale architecture leverages a next-generation converged fabric to interconnect multiple converged infrastructure systems and data center elements, providing optimized, on-demand resource sharing.
VCE VxBlock Systems are a new family of converged infrastructure systems designed to enable greater flexibility in system components for customers. The first VxBlock System announced today will offer Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) or VMware NSX as a customer choice for software-defined networking (SDN) functionality, along with Cisco networking and computing, EMC storage and data protection, and VMware virtualization and virtualization management. VCE VxBlock Systems will receive the same “VCE Experience” of factory-based pre-integration, pre-testing and pre-validation with seamless component-level updates, ongoing lifecycle assurance, and unified single-call support. Additional VxBlock Systems will be introduced throughout 2015.
VCE Vision Intelligent Operations 3.0 is a major update to the company’s converged infrastructure management software for delivering operational simplicity through a consistent, accurate, and common systems view. VCE Vision software capabilities have been expanded to provide unified intelligence across multiple VCE converged infrastructure systems – either independent or as part of a Vscale architecture – enabling efficient multi-system management and converged operations at scale.
“VCE’s mission since inception has been to free IT organizations from expending resources and effort managing infrastructure, so they could deliver next-generation services to their end users,” said Praveen Akkiraju, CEO of VCE. “VCE’s approach is unique and differentiated as we focus on understanding the customer problem, integrating new technologies in a high-performance solution supported with a single call. This new set of platforms and solutions represents the first phase of major expansion for the scale and scope of the VCE portfolio and value proposition.”
VCE Converged Solutions Portfolio
In addition to the advancements announced today, VCE has recently introduced multiple offerings to expand its portfolio to deliver a broad range of converged platforms and solutions designed to provide speed, scale and simplicity, and accelerate customers’ journey to the hybrid cloud:
- VCE technology extensions are pre-integrated, pre-tested and pre-validated hardware extensions that enable additional flexibility and scalability for new and existing Vblock Systems and VxBlock Systems. VCE technology extensions enable customers to expand their VCE converged infrastructure with additional storage and compute resources – including EMC Islion, EMC XtremIO and Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) – with the same factory-built VCE Experience including component-level upgrades and single-call support.
- VCE Foundations for Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud is a converged solution designed to accelerate the deployment and management of hybrid cloud environments. The solution drives an even greater degree of convergence by extending the standardized, repeatable practices of the unique VCE Experience to the Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud, providing factory integration of additional VMware and EMC technologies including VMware NSX network virtualization, VMware vRealize management and orchestration software, and EMC ViPR software-defined storage. The solution also includes technology onramps to VMware vCloud Air, enabling customers with seamless management, workload migration and disaster recovery between their private and public cloud environments.
- The Vblock System 540, announced in October 2014 and now shipping in volume, is the industry’s first all-flash-based converged infrastructure system for consolidating mixed workloads such as private clouds, end-user computing, databases and other latency-sensitive applications. The Vblock System 540 is powered by EMC’s market-leading XtremIO all-flash arrays, next-generation Cisco Unified Computing and Cisco Nexus ACI-Ready networking.
- The Vblock System 740, announced in October 2014 and now shipping in volume, is the industry’s most advanced, intelligent converged infrastructure, with unmatched performance, capacity and availability for the most demanding mission-critical applications. The Vblock System 740 is powered by next-generation Cisco Unified Computing, Cisco Nexus ACI-Ready networking and EMC VMAX 3 storage.
- VCE Foundations for Cisco UCS Director provides the VCE Experience for cloud management software from Cisco on Vblock Systems and VxBlock Systems to simplify deployment and management of cloud computing. Seamlessly integrated with VCE converged infrastructure and VCE Vision software, this out-of-the-box cloud solution supports rapid, cost-effective implementation of private or hybrid cloud infrastructure with the lowest risk for cloud management environments based on Cisco UCS Director with the same factory-built VCE Experience, including component-level upgrades and single-call support.