Everyone needs to protect their company from unauthorized or unwanted access. So, you need a network security tool that examines the flow of data packets in and out of the enterprise, governed by rules that decide whether that flow is safe, malicious or questionable and in need of inspection. You need a firewall.
Next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) are at the core of an enterprise security strategy, and the best ones incorporate policy enforcement for applications and user control, intrusion prevention, deep packet inspection, sandboxing, and threat intelligence feeds – the ones included in this buying guide all offer those features. Firewalls are filters that stand between a computer or computer network and the Internet. Each firewall can be programmed to keep specific traffic in or out. All messages passing through the firewall are examined and those not meeting pre-defined security criteria are blocked. A firewall basically allows a company to set up its own set of online rules for its users. Also, it permits a company to prevent its employees from visiting websites that are not trustworthy and can cause grave damage. Therefore, in this internet-driven era, if you don’t have a firewall installed, then the chances are really high that your business might fall into the playground of hackers.
Here are the top 5 recommendation firewall for your enterprise to keep the data safe.
- WiJungle: WiJungle is a Gartner listed Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning based unified network security gateway product. It enables organizations to manage and safeguard their entire network by means of a single window. The product is the world’s first all-in-one appliance that eradicates the need to have several standalone security products like Network Firewall, Guest Management Solutions, Web Application Firewall, Routers, Proxy Servers, Vulnerability Assessment, etc. and reduces the capital investment of an organization by up to 60 percent. It further simplifies the day-day management and scalability challenges. The platform helps in-network data leak prevention along with malware protection, cloud sandboxing & zero-day protection. WiJungle NextGen Firewall’s Content filtering offers the freedom to block predefined and manual Web, IP, Keyword, Port, Application category to restrict the content on internal network. This way organizations stop the excessive data utilization and maintain organization’s sanity
- CheckPoint: Check Point gateways provide superior security beyond any Next Generation Firewall (NGFW). Best designed for Sandblast Network’s protection, these gateways are the best at preventing the fifth generation of cyber attacks with more than 60 innovative security services. Based on the Infinity Architecture, the new Quantum Security Gateway line up of 15 models can deliver up to 1.5 Tbps of threat prevention performance and can scale on demand.
- Cisco: Cisco’s wide range of product lines for small, medium and large Enterprises offers various ways to enable remote workforce. Cisco Firewall, Cisco VPN Router enables the remote & Site-site VPN connectivity. Also, products like Cisco Webex, Telepresence, Jabber could be used for video collaboration.
- Sonic Wall: SonicWALL firewalls are a staple of network security in the small and medium business market. SonicWALL’s proprietary SonicOS operating system powers its firewall devices, which means the mechanisms and procedures required to configure their security settings is similar for all of them
- Sophos: Sophos Connect provides an intuitive VPN connection client that’s easy to deploy and configure. Give your remote workers secure access to resources on the corporate network from Windows and macOS devices. Sophos protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyber threats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques.