New Delhi, India, November 19, 2014: XOLO’s HIVE, the Proprietary Software Platform, continues to evolve and break new grounds in the Android smartphone eco-system, as the company released yet another OTA update with various new features, performance enhancements and bug fixes.
Built on Android Kitkat v4.4, designed by the in-house software design team at Bangalore, HIVE comes with improved differentiated user experience for the android lovers. With HIVE, XOLO aims to grow its loyal customer base, without compromising on the customer experience.
Giving power to the users, HIVE allows users to share real-time feedback, new feature ideas, interact with the development team and other HIVE users through the CONNECT app. New feature ideas and suggestions are analyzed by the development team and basis the voting for each new suggestion/ feedback; it is implemented in the form of OTA updates.
Delivering on the promise, XOLO has rolled out an OTA update every fortnight. Till date, more than 20 new features have been added basis customer feedback, further propelling user participation.
The consistent release of OTAs reinforces XOLO’s commitment to empower users through HIVE, enabling them to contribute creatively to the platform, taking smartphone personalization to The Next Level.
Key features added through latest OTA update include:
- Support for Indic language fonts: 8 new local languages added which will now enable users to access local content in total 14 languages.
- Support for Wi-Fi Direct: This enables users to transfer content at high data rates equivalent to that of Wi Fi.
- App lock screen feature for Hide and Lock features configurable through Launcher->Settings
- Exposure time configuration in Camera Pro mode
Some of the other features added to HIVE, since its launch:
- Wake Gesture Controls: lets users change music by just a swipe on the cold screen without opening their eyes or waking up the screen.
- Font customization: Gives users the freedom to choose their preferred font, without the hassle of rebooting the device
- Focus modes in camera pro modes: The photography enthusiasts can now enjoy more precise and detail imaging quality with this enhancement
- Enhancement in FusionX app: Addition of Sleep timer feature and shake to change tracks feature.
All updates are rolled out over-the-air (OTA) and can be downloaded from the CONNECT app on HIVE.