Panasonic launched its first fully rugged detachable notebook – Toughbook CF-20 in India. The Toughbook CF-20 is purpose-built for challenging environments, including field services, utilities, oil and gas, transportation and logistics, healthcare, insurance, public safety and defense.
Equipped with Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7 Professional (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro), CF-20 is the first Toughbook to be powered by 6th Generation Intel Core vPro processor technology, 128GB SSD and 8GB RAM. Additionally, it sports a glove enabled touchscreen, and purpose-built Vehicle Mount and Desktop Port Replicator, armed to meet all mobile computing needs at extreme conditions.
Gunjan Sachdev, National Business Head – Toughbook, Panasonic India, further added, “Toughbook CF-20 is a validation of our proud legacy. It showcases our excellence and experience of nearly two decades of manufacturing rugged devices to accomplish the mission of professionals in the most demanding work environments. Aimed to meet the evolving needs of enterprises, the CF-20 is bundled with a broad range of configurable options, the ability to detach the tablet from notebook provides ultimate flexibility, an unparalled reliability and enterprise-grade features. The device comes as an ideal product for a host of usage scenarios in the industry. With CF-20 we are looking at increasing our market share from the existing 60%.”
Panasonic Toughbook CF-20: Key Features
· Versatility: World’s first fully rugged detachable PC, combining the best features of laptop and tablet.
· Processor: Intel Core m5-6Y57 vPro Processor (4MB cache, 1.1GHz up to 2.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology).
· Operating System: Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7 Professional (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro).
· Display: 10.1” WUXGA 1920 x 1200 (224 PPI) sunlight-viewable 800 nit IPS display
· Memory & Storage: 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD (upgradeable to 256GB or 512GB).
· Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 515.
· Battery Life: An identical, removable, full-shift 2600mAh battery comes standard in the tablet and as an option in the keyboard dock
· Hot Swappable: Optional bridge battery allows batteries to be hot swapped for continuous use.
· Durability: Designed to meet MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461F and IP65.
· Connectivity: A variety of ports on both tablet and keyboard dock for maximum portability and flexibility including USB (including one high powered 1.5A USB on tablet), SDXC, HDMI, VGA, Serial, Ethernet, Wireless: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dual Pass Antenna, optional 4G LTE multi carrier or Dedicated GPS.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 will be available in Aug 2016 from authorized Panasonic resellers at an estimated price of INR 2.25 lakhs, plus taxes and will include a standard three-year limited warranty.