New Delhi, India, February 03, 2016: Meizu has announced the launch of its upgraded Flyme OS 5.0 for its MX5 Indian customers. The upgraded OS encapsulates an intuitive and simple system app layout, supported by a smooth and exquisite transition animation.
The Flyme OS 5.0 experience:
- Floating notification: Notifications can be displayed in floating mode without interrupting operations.
- Multi-task: Card-type multi-task lists are added and can be long pressed to lock an individual application.
- Multi-screen mode: Based on the multi-task list, two applications can be displayed at the same time in multi-screen mode in an adjustable ratio (only some specific applications are supported).
- Batch icon sorting: Icons can be selected and moved in batch mode to different pages or directories on Home screen by long pressing Home screen and selecting Sorting Icons.
- Shake to sort Home screen: Icons on Home screen can be sorted rapidly by entering the Sort Icon mode and shaking the mobile phone.
- Indian Flavour: Boot animation of Taj Mahal and a ringtone dedicated to India.
- Display: Added a display in Notification panel to show the app which is currently using GPS, and users can disable it directly on the panel.
- Optimized layout: When the notification bar without unread notifications is dropped down, all switches are displayed on it by default; and when the notification bar with unread notifications is dropped down, more options the notifications can be viewed by pull down the zone.
- Optimized Icons: Icons are now in the middle for calendar, messages and memos.
- Boot Speed: Optimized boot speed, which is more prominent when the system installs a lot of apps.
- Brand new design: The Setting page is adjusted in the aspects of interaction and functional grouping. Added search function in Settings. Now users can enter keywords to search related options and features.
- Battery management: The power consumption order is optimized, so that software and hardware power consumption is displayed separately.
- Volume classification: Volume can be managed by classification in Settings > Sound and Vibration > Volume.
- Network sharing: A Wi-Fi network can be shared via QR code by tapping a Wi-Fi hotspot in Settings > WLAN.
- Default application: Default applications can be specified for specific categories in Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Simulated colours: The colour space can be simulated in colour blindness mode or in amblyopia mode in Settings > Accessibility > Developer options > Simulated colour space.
- Phone acceleration: Apps running on the background can be disabled to accelerate the operating speed of the mobile phone.
- Cache clearing whitelist: App caches, redundant APKs, and app residuals can be whitelisted to prevent unexpected removal.
- Scheduled clearing: The Scan and clear option is added to scheduled cleaning for convenience.
- Data usage on the notification bar: A switch for displaying data usage on the notification bar is added in Data > Settings.
- Quick scan and one-key optimization: The health status of the mobile phone can be known upon entering the interface without waiting. All problems can be fixed with one key.
- App detecting: Fake apps can be detected to prevent potential risks.
- Privacy security: enhanced permission management for privacy protection.