Bangalore, India, February 10, 2015: element14 has added next-generation SAS storage interfaces from FCI, a leader in high-speed connector and cable assembly solutions, to its extensive portfolio of connectors for electronics design and production. Suited for storage hardware applications that can be deployed in data centers and telecommunications, these SAS storage interfaces for 6GB/s to 12GB/s channel bandwidth requirements meet or exceed the respective SAS 2.1 and SAS 3.0 industry standard specifications.
Marc Grange, Head of Product and Asset Management, element14 Asia-Pacific said, “We are pleased to expand our range of FCI products for our customers who seek the newest connectors for their next-generation product development. Engineers will appreciate the versatility of these products which offer flexibility in electronics design yet provide greater port density.”
The range of mini SAS and mini SAS HD storage interfaces from FCI features :
– 1×1, 1×2 and 1×4 connector/cage assemblies for both external and inside the box designs which offer design flexibility
– internal connectors that offer both right angle and vertical configurations
– metal cages provide 360° EMI shielding as well as offer light pipe and heat sink add-on options
– board connectors are fully 6G and 12G compliant allowing for continued use when system speeds increase from 6G to 12G
– view it at sg.element14.com/fci