New Delhi, India, December 16, 2015: Flipkart officially introduces ‘#FlipTrends’, a comprehensive and in-depth view into how India shops online. This one-of-a-kind study across 50 million Indian shoppers analyses consumer buying preferences between January 1st and December 14th 2015 and offers a detailed analysis into what trends dominate the online retail space today.
The most popular products across India have been mobile handsets, mobile accessories, LED televisions and smart wearables. Technology savvy customers are lapping them as fast as manufacturers can release them into the market. The trend also points to the fact that online platforms today have successfully emerged as the default hub for electronics shopping.
Some key takeaways of the survey:
- Electronic accessories & mobiles are consistently the top performing categories across all regions
- The study shows that 69% of the online shoppers are male, this gender clearly dominates the online retail space
- While Delhi NCR emerges as the most e-commerce savvy metro, South space leads with a significant number of shoppers coming from this region. Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai are among the top 5 cities that shop the most online along with Delhi NCR and Mumbai
- The e-retail space is largely dominated by consumers falling between the 25-34 years age group. More than half of the consumers shopping online are office goers closely followed by students
- Delhi NCR ranks No. 1 amongst the Top 5 cities followed by Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai
- Amongst the Tier II cities Karnataka clearly dominates with Mangalore, Mysore and Dharwad in the Top 5.Guntur in Andhra Pradesh and Salem in Tamil Nadu complete the list.
- Lenovo has emerged as the top mobile brand followed by Motorola, Xiaomi, Micromax and Samsung
- Lenovo’s A6000 Plus and the K3 Note emerge as two most popular phones. Xiaomi with the Red Mi 2 splits Motorola’s Moto G 3rd Gen and the Moto G 2nd Gen to complete the Top 5 rankings.
- Smart watches beat smart bands to become the leading products in the segment
- Motorola, Samsung and Apple are the top brands in this category. Moov and Huawei’s Honor round of the Top 5 list
- Pune makes it amongst the Top 5 by claiming the fourth spot. Bangalore, Delhi NCR and Mumbai make it to the podium with Hyderabad slotting in as No. 5
- South India with Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabad in the Top 5 cities ranking dominates amongst the regions. While Delhi NCR places second in the city listing, the West as a region comes in second overall.
- Indian television brands Vu and Micromax outsell global counterparts in the television segment. Samsung, LG and Panasonic complete the Top 5 brands ranking.
- 32 inch televisions are most popular, comfortably outselling other sized televisions
- Vu and Micromax lock out the Top 5 products list with the Vu 40 inch TV being the most popular
© Technuter.com News Service