Zebra Technologies announced Savanna, a fundamental building-block platform for accelerating Enterprise Asset Intelligence and the digital transformation of enterprise operations for Zebra’s customers and partners. With the continued adoption of mobility and the Internet of Things (IoT), the edge of enterprise operations are becoming increasingly connected.
This unprecedented, growing level of connectivity is generating vast amounts of actionable data about processes and assets that can be leveraged to transform workflows to improve business performance and outcomes. Savanna provides a means for Zebra, its partners and customers to build applications that make use of this edge data in near real-time to mobilize insight and actions that deliver new levels of service, productivity and profitability.
- Savanna is comprised of IoT end-point connectivity, configuration management, data transport, data storage, analytics and machine learning components.
- With enhanced and secure device connectivity, Savanna gives organizations the power to gain insights at the edge of its operations – ensuring the right data is available to the right people at the right time, giving them the power and informed intelligence to make the best decisions.
- As an open, centralized data platform designed to empower enterprise applications, Savanna will power Zebra® data-driven solutions along with applications and solutions built by Zebra partners.
- Zebra has also launched a Savanna platform early adopter program, selecting five partners to facilitate the development of vertically-oriented applications using edge data and associated insights from Savanna. Savanna’s APIs and developer tools allow an ecosystem of partners to quickly, easily and cost-effectively create secure applications that integrate into other platforms and traditional enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
o The partners selected globally are: Baidu Cloud, The Descartes Systems Group Inc., Problem Solutions, LLC, Reflexis Systems, Inc. and StayLinked Corporation.
- Today, Savanna powers the data analytics and visualization behind some of Zebra’s Enterprise Asset Intelligence (EAI) solutions that are helping retailers, transportation carriers, manufacturers, hospitals and sports teams become more intelligent enterprises, including Zebra’s Asset Visibility Service (AVS)/Operational Visibility Service (OVS) that gives customers and partners important insights and visibility into the health, usage and performance of their Zebra devices to help optimize business operations.
©Technuter.com News Service